Hide
7 Posts

Garden of Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sealing enemies good or bad? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jdc Jdc
msg tools
In the rules it states that when there are no enemies left you don't have to place an enemy. But later it states that when you can't place a black die you lose.

So do you lose when all your enemies are sealed? Or does this rule only apply to the situation in which you have to place a black die on the board and can't because there isn't any room on the board? Making it the same as the rule for white dice. If you can't place a white die you lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jdcnl wrote:
In the rules it states that when there are no enemies left you don't have to place an enemy. But later it states that when you can't place a black die you lose.

So do you lose when all your enemies are sealed? Or does this rule only apply to the situation in which you have to place a black die on the board and can't because there isn't any room on the board? Making it the same as the rule for white dice. If you can't place a white die you lose.

I don't have the rules in front of me but I remember seeing in the rules that if all the black dice are sealed and thus none is available for placement, you simply do not place one. The rule you are quoting refers to the situation where you dont have an empty space to place a black die, in which case you lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
As per the above. The rules you refer to means that you have a die to plae, but no room for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Zimeon wrote:
As per the above. The rules you refer to means that you have a die to plae, but no room for it.

So I was making the game harder for myself than needed? Good to know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All times (both times), I've played, I've managed to seal every single black die quite quickly, and then spent the rest of the game rather aloofly just levelling up other things, not having to worry that a single level up will cause another black die to enter. I am starting to worry whether this is the point or not.

However, I don't think that the point of this game is to be hard to beat. I think the point is your final score, not that you will fail. I've both times jumped up above 100 points (difficulty level 0), but I can see that higher difficulties (more bosses to begin with) can ramp up that score pretty fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
All times (both times), I've played, I've managed to seal every single black die quite quickly, and then spent the rest of the game rather aloofly just levelling up other things, not having to worry that a single level up will cause another black die to enter. I am starting to worry whether this is the point or not.

However, I don't think that the point of this game is to be hard to beat. I think the point is your final score, not that you will fail. I've both times jumped up above 100 points (difficulty level 0), but I can see that higher difficulties (more bosses to begin with) can ramp up that score pretty fast.

The easy level is.. well... easy. Haven't played it enough, but I am pretty sure difficulty will ramp up quite a lot on higher diffs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coralsaw wrote:
Zimeon wrote:

The easy level is.. well... easy. Haven't played it enough, but I am pretty sure difficulty will ramp up quite a lot on higher diffs.

It does, but it also gives more points. I just scored about 140 or so… but I don't know if I followed all the rules. I am a bit annoyed at the boss that says "roll another die. This can't be split." because it essentially means that every other die you roll cannot be split, and I need to keep track of whether the current die I roll is splittable or not. And I always forget.

But as said, I don't think this game is supposed to be difficult. I think the point is to see how many points you can get. Kuro says he has reached above 200, so I guess that's something to aim for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.