GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,458 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Overseers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules questions regarding character powers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philipp Eis
Germany
flag msg tools
PM me your type of "Soul Food"!
badge
mhhh...
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game yesterday and had a fun time!

A few rules questions came up:

1. Regarding characters, which have 2 actions (1) and 2)) on their cards, e. g. Lanfei, Meixiu and Wuming sisters. If you have the character you can take both actions, right? There is no "OR" so I guess we played it right with taking both actions.

2. Regarding characters, which allow to "modify" your combination, e. g. Yanmei and Nüying. If I turn a card horizontally to take one of the two actions and I'm the player with the strongest combination, am I allowed to discard the card, which is turned horizontally? There is nothing in the rules, only "discard two cards". In our game we were allowed to discard those as well, if we wanted to.

3. Regarding characters, which actions give you more points in the voting phase, e. g. Yanmei, Meixiu and Nüying. Do the extra points only count in the voting phase or in the scoring phase, too? I'm asking because on the cards of Xie and Suyin, it's stated as an additional info ("this will also apply during the scoring phase"). In our game the points counted in the scoring phase, too.

4. The nice large wooden token replaces the leader card, right?

Really fun game, looking forward to our next play with a larger player count!

edit: I have the new english edition from Thundergryph games, bought at SPIEL 16.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi
Spain
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rePhil wrote:
We played our first game yesterday and had a fun time!

So glad you enjoyed it!

rePhil wrote:

1. Regarding characters, which have 2 actions (1) and 2)) on their cards, e. g. Lanfei, Meixiu and Wuming sisters. If you have the character you can take both actions, right? There is no "OR" so I guess we played it right with taking both actions.

Yes, you played it right! Every Overseer's action is mandatory. Each round you need to adapt your drafting and playstyle to your Overseer.

rePhil wrote:

2. Regarding characters, which allow to "modify" your combination, e. g. Yanmei and Nüying. If I turn a card horizontally to take one of the two actions and I'm the player with the strongest combination, am I allowed to discard the card, which is turned horizontally? There is nothing in the rules, only "discard two cards". In our game we were allowed to discard those as well, if we wanted to.

If you admit you can discard any card you want! Even those modified. If you deny and you're the highest you will lose the two cards that grant you the most points.

rePhil wrote:

3. Regarding characters, which actions give you more points in the voting phase, e. g. Yanmei, Meixiu and Nüying. Do the extra points only count in the voting phase or in the scoring phase, too? I'm asking because on the cards of Xie and Suyin, it's stated as an additional info ("this will also apply during the scoring phase"). In our game the points counted in the scoring phase, too.

That is right. All added points during the voting phase will count on scoring.

rePhil wrote:

4. The nice large wooden token replaces the leader card, right?

Yes! It is a special promo for this first print of the game.

rePhil wrote:

Really fun game, looking forward to our next play with a larger player count!

Can't wait to hear about it! Thank you very much!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
flag msg tools
PM me your type of "Soul Food"!
badge
mhhh...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answers! Seems like we played it right. Nevertheless, now we are ready to play again ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xoul wrote:

rePhil wrote:

If you admit you can discard any card you want! Even those modified. If you deny and you're the highest you will lose the two cards that grant you the most points.

Regarding the two discard cards, should they be just enough to score equal or less than the second player (so he will became the top player), or should it be the most valuable cards that makes the biggest toll on you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Aguirre Bisi
Spain
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pmduque wrote:

Regarding the two discard cards, should they be just enough to score equal or less than the second player (so he will became the top player), or should it be the most valuable cards that makes the biggest toll on you?

If you admit you can chose them, if you deny and you are the highest you lose the most valuable (the biggest toll on you).

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.