6 Posts

A Feast for Odin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Error in Dutch rulebook about Phase 3? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 8 in the rulebook, when discussing Phase 3, the rulebook states: 'place 2 silver on each unclaimed exploration board not being turned'. I assume this means that when you turn around board B, you put silver on board A, C and D (if they haven't been claimed yet). Is that correct?

In that case, the Dutch rules are wrong, since they state: 'place 2 silver on each unclaimed exploration board that hasn't been turned yet' (literally: leg 2 zilver op elk ontdekkingsbord dat nog niet is omgedraaid).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apollo Melo
msg tools
mbmb
I'm... I'm not sure if it's a language barrier we're experiencing, but in English those two sentences mean essentially the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Maes
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you mean, I just checked both rulebooks and there is indeed a difference in interpretation possible.
I cannot make out what they actually mean. Following the Dutch rulebook i'd say you only put money on the unclaimed islands that have not been turned yet (meaning only those that have the abcd letters visible)

In the english rules you might indeed suppose each board that hasn't been claimed, gets 2 silver (because it wasnt turned in this round).

I'm interested to know what the original german rules say about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raika11182 wrote:
I'm... I'm not sure if it's a language barrier we're experiencing, but in English those two sentences mean essentially the same thing.

That could be the case. I interpreted 'not being turned' as referring only to the board that is being turned during that round.

The example in the rulebook on the same page seems to support the interpretation that boards don't get any silver once they are turned around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zowieso wrote:
I'm interested to know what the original german rules say about this.

The German rulebook states: 'Legt ... auf alle ausliegende Entdeckungplane, die ihr in dieser Runde nicht gewendet habt, je 2 Silber'.

Translated: 'Place 2 silver on all non-claimed expedition boards, that you haven't turned in this round'. (Emphasis mine)

So it seems that the Dutch rules are wrong. Thanks for the idea to check the German rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Sagel
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering about this too, because the rules are in contradiction with the appendix (which says "When you explore [Greenland] in round 5/6/7, you also get 2/4/4 silver.")
This had me confused, but it is indeed a translation error in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.