17 Posts

Pandemic Iberia» Forums » General

Subject: one-time print run? how many games in total? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
I'm reading that Pandemic Iberia is having a "one-time only print run".
Anybody has details about how big that print run actually is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I heard 55,000 somewhere. Could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IDK but I didn't want to take any chances and ordered myself a copy two weeks ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin E
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're did you order your copy from? Most of the official sites seem to be sold out. I'm only seeing third party sellers that are inflating the price. :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon and I paid $75 USD for it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel N
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus still has some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osyluth wrote:
We're did you order your copy from? Most of the official sites seem to be sold out. I'm only seeing third party sellers that are inflating the price. :-(

BGB has it for pre-order still.

I will say that back in the spring they said that you had to pre-order by the Z-Man cut off date to guarantee it. I've pre-ordered from BGB in the past without issues and if it's been a limited number pre-order the site has "sold out" on them once that number is hit. So chances are stuff good but this is a unique situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
Osyluth wrote:

BGB has it for pre-order still.

I will say that back in the spring they said that you had to pre-order by the Z-Man cut off date to guarantee it. I've pre-ordered from BGB in the past without issues and if it's been a limited number pre-order the site has "sold out" on them once that number is hit. So chances are stuff good but this is a unique situation.

He must have been able to increase his order because wen I last looked, it was "sold out". I had pre-ordered it and when another thread similar to this came up, I went and looked there to see if it was still in stock as that person was wanting to pre-order and it was OOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lockard
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried any local game stores? They usually pre-order. When I contacted my local FLGS they had pre-ordered 25 copies. I put myself on the list to get one if they actually show up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:

Wow, limited to the number we can print? Isn't 10,000 sold copies considered doing well for a board Game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kd314
United States
cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
danamark wrote:
Grudunza wrote:

Wow, limited to the number we can print? Isn't 10,000 sold copies considered doing well for a board Game?

Indeed. First editions 10k is good. However, Pandemic has sold hundreds of thousands of copies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So assuming 55,000 any guesses how quickly retail outlets will run out of copies? I'm guessing two weeks (blind conjecture just for fun).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Dizon
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in stock right now at CSI and MM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
balsalm9 wrote:
danamark wrote:
Grudunza wrote:

Indeed. First editions 10k is good. However, Pandemic has sold hundreds of thousands of copies

You sure about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
55,000 sounds like a hell of a lot of copies to me, imagine it will be in stock for quite a while.

Do we know how many copies of the original Pandemic has been sold to date?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwalms wrote:
Do we know how many copies of the original Pandemic has been sold to date?

If we take Ticket to Ride's number of owners on BGG (54,924) compared to how many have sold ("Over 3 Million!"), and apply that factor to the number of BGGers who own Pandemic (79,933), one guess would be 4.4 million, but that seems REALLY high to me.

I'd guess that Ticket to Ride is owned by a larger portion of gamer "muggles" who don't hang out here. How much is anybody's guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that Pandemic is in Target now, the number of owners might be rising by as much as a thousand a week. And the percentage of those users who have heard of BGG is going to be negligible, probably around 1% or less.

We have to remember here that most people don't like to read, don't like to post, don't see the point in owning more than three or four games, and if they research purchases at all will do so on Amazon.

True geeks, though we may roam in packs, are a rare breed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.