Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
the front side of the card which you place the common cards onto shows the numbers 7,8,9, 10 (once each) so that the first common cards is gained by forming a 7-letter-word, the second by forming an 8-letter-word, the second by forming an 9-letter-word and the fourth by forming a 10-letter-word. Then the game ends. So far, so clear.

However, what I don't seem to get is why the back side of that card shows the numbers 7 and 8 twice each!
It looks like this:

7 letters
---------
7 letters
---------
8 letters
---------
8 letters
---------
9 letters
---------
10 letters
---------
End of the game

So if you still play with only 4 common cards, the game will obviously end at 8 instead of 10???!! Why? Is that some sort of 'extra long' variant that I am failing to find anywhere? Wouldn't it make more sense to use 6 (=all) common cards for that 'variant'?

(I have the German PnP edition. Does the back side of that card show 7/7/8/8/9/10 in your version as well??)

Thanks for enlightning me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Common cards: back side: 7/7/8/8/9/10 Why??
You just shuffle the common cards, and then place 4 cards on the common card track.

So, if I have E, I, O, U. Then after I have completed 7 letter words with E, 8 with I, 9 with O and 10 with U, then the games ends.

Dunno about the back side, my retail edition has the common card tracker. Perhaps the rules changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smithlucas wrote:

This side of the card is not official. I actually just made it to play with all Common cards. I thought I´d just leave it in the PnP. Doesn´t hurt, and if people want to play that way, they got a tracker for it.
Again, not official. Just a bonus option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lines42 wrote:
smithlucas wrote:

This side of the card is not official. I actually just made it to play with all Common cards. I thought I´d just leave it in the PnP. Doesn´t hurt, and if people want to play that way, they got a tracker for it.
Again, not official. Just a bonus option.

Thanks, Lines!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crixtey
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That back side with an extra 7 and 8 is probably intended to use the expansion common cards, The space bar, and the letter revers (I think its called dyslexic?)

Just my guess, i've never seen that, my game doesn't have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I shuffle all 6 and place them randomly on the longer track
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.