Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Hi!

1. When dog fighting does the defender get to use his turn rating to boost his defensive roll?

2. Does an aircraft drop its tally if it gets attacked? Say aircraft A has a tally on B but gets attacked by C does it drop B and auto tally C instead??

3. When attacked can broken flights / squadrons return fire?

Thanks in advance!

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wedge
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
buschenfeld wrote:
Hi!

1. When dog fighting does the defender get to use his turn rating to boost his defensive roll?

2. Does an aircraft drop its tally if it gets attacked? Say aircraft A has a tally on B but gets attacked by C does it drop B and auto tally C instead??

3. When attacked can broken flights / squadrons return fire?

Thanks in advance!

Andy

10.8.1, both sides must use their Turn rating.

Tally, see 7.2.1, point (6).

Broken squadrons, see 10.5.1, both sides roll, no exceptions. A broken squadron cannot attack, i.e. initiate combat, but it does defend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Great stuff - thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see Ian has ably fielded this for me. We have clarified the rules text on this in the v2.0 rules, but basically it comes down to this:

(1) Both sides always use their turn rating.

(2) If one side has a tally on a target outside of the combat that's just taken place, they lose it and have to tally one of the squadrons in the dogfight.

(3) Broken squadrons always participate in combat when attacked. They would roll as defenders, and get a combat value penalty for being broken. However, they cannot tally and attack another squadron.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.