VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Prototypes in 48 hours!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 player game, tie for second/last.

For playing multiple games, who goes first next game?

For the purposes of scoring points, do the players tied for last score 1 point each or no points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Kelly
United States
Safety Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation of the rules would be that both of the players would get 0 points. The player that had fewer fruit cards in hand would go first next game. If that's a tie, I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex M
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
3 player game, tie for second/last.

For playing multiple games, who goes first next game?

For the purposes of scoring points, do the players tied for last score 1 point each or no points?

Got the same problem right now. My Father won with 4 points and my mother and me both scored 3 and we both got 4 cards in hand.

And i was one turn from wining as well. Close game and really fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the score in this situation:
4 players end the game in the same round, all with 3 juices, 2 are tied with 2 extra cards, 2 are tied with 0 extra cards.

Is the score 2-2-0-0 or 2-2-1-1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Gervais
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The question I had for ties is whether those ties are broken by cards in hand as well.

So our scores were
Completed - Extra Cards

3/7
3/3
3/1
2/7
2/5

We ruled that the 3/7 got two points and that the 2/5 got 0. Everyone else got 1.

Does that sound right to everyone else?

Using the other logic, you would say that the 2/7 had also ended with 2/5, so they would both score 0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reviving this thread in the hopes that we can get a ruling from Henning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hoffmann
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Had this happen today as well. Two people had 3 cards and the same amount of fruit, the other two people had 2 cards and the same amount of fruit. We ruled they each got a point, but would love to see an official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dna_Boy wrote:
4 players end the game in the same round, all with 3 juices, 2 are tied with 2 extra cards, 2 are tied with 0 extra cards.

The score 2-2-0-0, at least that's what he told me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dna_Boy wrote:
Dna_Boy wrote:

The score 2-2-0-0, at least that's what he told me.
"He" who?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Him:

Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dna_Boy wrote:
Him:
Works for me!

So the official ruling, as I understand it, is that if everyone is tied in the number of juices, then the player(s) with the most cards get 2 and everyone else gets 0. Not a situation I can see arising very often, granted, but good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
Can you feel the Threat Level rising!?
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
Works for me!
So the official ruling, as I understand it, is that if everyone is tied in the number of juices, then the player(s) with the most cards get 2 and everyone else gets 0. Not a situation I can see arising very often, granted, but good to know.

Not exactly. The ruling tells us that the tied players with the most cards get 2 points, and the tied players with the least cards get 0 points. His example didn't include a tied player with neither the most or least cards remaining, but I believe they'd score 1 point. But this was not included in his example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bilben04 wrote:
ryudoowaru wrote:
Works for me!

Not exactly. The ruling tells us that the tied players with the most cards get 2 points, and the tied players with the least cards get 0 points. His example didn't include a tied player with neither the most or least cards remaining, but I believe they'd score 1 point. But this was not included in his example.

It didn't because that is in the rules...
1st player gets 2 points
Last player gets 0
Everyone in between gets 1, it doesn't make any difference if they are tied or not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
1st player gets 2 points
Last player gets 0
Everyone in between gets 1, it doesn't make any difference if they are tied or not
The entire question here is what happens when there is more than one "last player."

The rules only state (and explicitly so!) that the tiebreaker is to be applied when players are tied for the most juices. It doesn't say that the tiebreaker applies to ties for the fewest juices. Therefore, by the rule of Avoiding The Munchkin Fallacy, the tiebreaker is not applied, and all players who have the fewest juice cards receive 0 points.

And my interpretation of the official ruling is once again correct: if everyone has the same number of juices, then the player(s) who win the tiebreaker receive 2 points, everyone else (because they have the fewest juices and did not win the tie) receives 0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
1st player gets 2 points
Last player gets 0
The entire question here is what happens when there is more than one "last player."

The rules only state (and explicitly so!) that the tiebreaker is to be applied when players are tied for the most juices. It doesn't say that the tiebreaker applies to ties for the fewest juices. Therefore, by the rule of Avoiding The Munchkin Fallacy, the tiebreaker is not applied, and all players who have the fewest juice cards receive 0 points.

And my interpretation of the official ruling is once again correct: if everyone has the same number of juices, then the player(s) who win the tiebreaker receive 2 points, everyone else (because they have the fewest juices and did not win the tie) receives 0.

To me a Tie Breaker is for all ties in the end of the game, not only for the 1st place...

And I was replying to Bill that was saying that the example wasn't contemplating ties for the middle spots... in that case all tied players get 1 point... the one in last (not tied with anyone) gets 0 and the one that wins get 2.

But if 2 players are tied for last with 1 juice and one of them has 4 fruit cards and the other has 3 or less then that player with 3 or less is the last player due to the tie-breaker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.