Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do we place riders?
Does a player place one and the next player place and so on, or does the first player place both riders and then the next player and so on?

How do we move?
Does the player who placed his rider(s) first, move first each turn or do we move the riders after the placement on the stage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DominiGeek
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
D.N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
How do we place riders?
Does a player place one and the next player place and so on, or does the first player place both riders and then the next player and so on?

Every player places both his riders when is their turn to place.

Slotracer wrote:

How do we move?
Does the player who placed his rider(s) first, move first each turn or do we move the riders after the placement on the stage?

Frontmost riders move first. If there are 2 riders in the same square, the one in the right lane move first.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so we have been playing it correct but was suddenly in doubt.
Played five games last night and only forgot to the leader(s) an exhortation card after each round in the first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Early Flamme Rouge prototype
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruben's answers are spot on

Happy racing
Asger Granerud

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rubendario5 wrote:
Slotracer wrote:
How do we place riders?

Every player places both his riders when is their turn to place.

I think it's clear from the rules. Yet I wonder why the rule is like this. Doesn't it give an advantage to the first player, as he can get both best spots? Wouldn't it be more fair to let cyclist be placed one by one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the best two spots at the start?
If you're in the front after the 1st round, you have to draw the exhaustion card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
What is the best two spots at the start?

I can't tell for shure yet after 1,5 plays.

In our first real game (4p), the starting player took the 2 front spots and came in 1st and 2nd with his 2 cyclists. The one in last position got the 2 behind spots and ended up with the worst result.

I'm not saying that the front spots are necessarily the best. I need more plays to judge.
Also it probably depends on the group and how players are playing.
Yet probably there will be in each playing group some spots better than others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actaion wrote:

In our first real game (4p), the starting player took the 2 front spots and came in 1st and 2nd with his 2 cyclists. The one in last position got the 2 behind spots and ended up with the worst result.

Which route did you play?
I think the flat route should only be used for learning the mechanics of the game and then move on to the routes withe mountains. that's were it gets nasty!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the nasty one with mountain top finish ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Early Flamme Rouge prototype
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been no detectable difference in placing 1st or 4th, for the results during playtesting. There hasn't even been a pattern people stick to, even with experienced players.

If we get an APP and the ability to register such things, we could probably do some number crunching and find out.

In the early rules, players did place one at a time. The real reason it was changed was for cinematic and narrative moments. The game allows you to try spectacular things at its best, if your riders are close. I wanted that to be in focus from as early as possible, instead of prolonging the game by an extra turn or two from the get go.

Regards
Asger Granerud
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.