Subject: melee reinforcements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
thierry seguy
France
Mornas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When a melee is initiated by one player, the other player can't reinforce the melee.

But if the melee still exist on the following turn, can the 2 players reinforce the melee or if the first player reinforce it, the second player can't do it?

Thank you for answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any player can move units in to the melee. Melee is not resolve until the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ney 84 wrote:
When a melee is initiated by one player, the other player can't reinforce the melee.
Not true, fortunately. Stacking is the only limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thierry seguy
France
Mornas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are you sure Martin, it's not what Shayne says in response to the post on Fri, 26 August here on BGG about assault and melee reinforcement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ney 84 wrote:
Are you sure Martin, it's not what Shayne says in response to the post on Fri, 26 August here on BGG about assault and melee reinforcement.
Nope. I missed that post, apparently. I make my assumptions from what I read in the rules and the occasional post that I do recall reading. I have certainly been wrong before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When the Melee is initiated,( Player 1 Assault moves into Player 2 hex ), a Melee counter is placed on the stack and the hex is locked out until the Melee phase. You're correct in that Player 2 can't rush additional units into the initial Melee.

If the Melee is unresolved, on the ensuing turns, both players can reinforce the Melee hex up to the stacking limits, by Assault moving units into the hex.

Now in the next Melee phase, the new forces are used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I completely missed that one. I think I might be done answering questions, I cannot remember anything any more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thierry seguy
France
Mornas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you very much, all is perfectly clear now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Thanks. I completely missed that one. I think I might be done answering questions, I cannot remember anything any more!

You're right more often than not Martin

Nice work on those play aids btw
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamm22 wrote:
martimer wrote:

You're right more often than not Martin

Nice work on those play aids btw
What play aids?whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Jamm22 wrote:
When the Melee is initiated,( Player 1 Assault moves into Player 2 hex ), a Melee counter is placed on the stack and the hex is locked out until the Melee phase. You're correct in that Player 2 can't rush additional units into the initial Melee.

If the Melee is unresolved, on the ensuing turns, both players can reinforce the Melee hex up to the stacking limits, by Assault moving units into the hex.

Now in the next Melee phase, the new forces are used.

I did not know this, very interesting! I think this makes it impossible to have 2 vs 2 tank battles which is a question I had in another thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.