Marco Fregoso

La Spezia
Italy
msg tools
Black Metal Geek
badge
NO FUN - NO CORE - NO TRENDS - NO MOSH
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe it has been already told, but it would be great to use - maybe for future expansions, not this crowdfunding campaign - different pantheons, other than the Greek one.
For example the Viking pantheon (Odin, Loki, valkiries, vikings, berserkers...) or the Egyptian pantheon (Anubi, Horus, Sobec, ecc).
And maybe a fourth esotic pantheon like one with japanese oni.
I think it would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, me and my brother had that conversation with one from the team at their booth at Essen Spiel. We're hoping for Norse gods and Valkyries, Vikings, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I remember them saying somewhere that either one of the final stretch goals will be for another pantheon, or on the last day of the KS they would reveal the next pantheon. I'm pretty sure it will be Norse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not convinced that the game can survive with only two pantheons. So hopefully they can get more pantheons out quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cahard
France
Fécamp
Seine-Maritime
flag msg tools
Have you had the opportunity to play the game ? In my opinion, you'll have enough replayability with the KS content... Even with the base game, there is a lot of possibilities when you draft your team !

I think developping new pantheons would be a great idea, but I'm pretty sure it'll take some time... You can't just replace Zeus mini with Odin mini, you have to make sure you bring new ideas, new powers, perhaps new specific mechanics... And, you have to balance it ! To balance units within the new pantheon, but you also have to compare it with the greek pantheon.

So, considering the game isn't produced yet, you can't ask for a quick release of a second, and third pantheon ! I'd love it, though...

By the way, with mythology would be next in line in terms of variety in heroes, monsters, gods, soldiers ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I would love to see Japanese, Aztec or Native American gods, or Egyptian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hestis
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
They've said they're looking at the Norse pantheon (Ragnarok). I'd guess that would be the next one, since it's kind of an "in" thing right now. It would make business sense for that to be next. They also mentioned one called "Eclipse," but we don't know for sure what that one is.

My vote would be for Egyptian, but there's a lot of opportunity out there. I think an Irish version could be pretty cool, as well as some of those mentioned above; Japanese/Chinese, Native American, etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andynosaure wrote:
So, considering the game isn't produced yet, you can't ask for a quick release of a second, and third pantheon ! I'd love it, though...

They've been working of MB for quite a while. There is no reason why they couldn't be play-testing other pantheons right now in anticipation of quick release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cahard
France
Fécamp
Seine-Maritime
flag msg tools
Sarimrune wrote:
They've been working of MB for quite a while. There is no reason why they couldn't be play-testing other pantheons right now in anticipation of quick release.

What I'd clearly prefer is a true quick release of the first pantheon !!! I can't wait to just play this game, whichever God I can incarnate !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Lee

Ohio
msg tools
Jesus and his 12 battle disciples?

It would be neat to see some more cultures in later versions, but I'm pretty sure there's more in Greek mythology than you could ever put in a single Kickstarter campaign, let alone be worried about doing new pantheons. Better to stick to the "dream game" idea from Conan, where you really throw in the kitchen sink for one core concept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, from what I hear there's a whole load of minis been sculpted just for the Greek version of the game, way beyond what we're seeing in the core box. I don't think we'll run out of replayability with Pantheon any time soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Biggio
msg tools
Hi Guys, from what I hear in the Comments thread of the KS and what Leo has said in the Live sessions, the possibility of new Pantheons is definitely something they will do, but also definitely NOT in this KS.

Also there has been talk, that the other Pantheons will be subtly different games, obviously with the possibility of Crossover, but essentially a different Game. Like the Greek seems to be focussed on Versus Skirmish Battles, while the Egyptian could be focussed on Coop exploration.

But all of this is at this point purely speculative. What you hear from the developers is that they definitely seem open to the idea, but they are also keeping a mightily tight lid on it.

P.S: Just to give you a little taste, of the madness over there: since the team has already announced a Conan-Compatibility Add-On, there have been people asking for a Crom Mini to play in Mythic Battles, with Conan and Red Sonja as Heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Lynn
United States
lodi
California
flag msg tools
mb
It will be either of the two most popular pantheons next to Greek/Roman. Either Norse or Egyptian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.