Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Cassar
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

One of my "star spawn" creatures legs/body is squished a fair bit (10mm).

The squished body isn't that noticable but what would be the best way to fix the leg so that it fits in the base?

Should I try to heat up the leg carefully with a match or is there a better way as I have doubts with heating it this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djcassar wrote:
Hi,

The squished body isn't that noticable but what would be the best way to fix the leg so that it fits in the base?

Should I try to heat up the leg carefully with a match or is there a better way as I have doubts with heating it this way.

DO NOT USE A MATCH!

Heat up some water to near boiling, submerse the mini in the hot water for several minutes. Then retrieve the mini, hold the leg in place and run the mini under cold water. Should fix it no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cassar
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes a lot more sense!

Not sure what the melting point is for this plastic but knew that a match would just destroy the outside and not heat through evenly.

Mind you I am sure these will break in the box as some parts are just so tiny!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mckay
United Kingdom
Westerham
Kent
flag msg tools
Good, bad... I'm the guy with the gun.
mbmb
Have to say the submerge in hot, dip in cold really worked on my models. I found that about 2 minutes in water from the hot tap was enough yo start bening it; just be careful not to go too far with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Beck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djcassar wrote:
Hi,

I had the same problem but found that no treatment was needed. I simply pulled the legs apart so they fitted into the holes and left it there. A few days later when I removed the figure to glue it permanently into place the plastic had remained in the correct position.

I can't guarantee it will work for you but I have used the hot water approach before and that works too so ymmv.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Tackett
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I had pretty much the same issue, as well as a cultist without a peg. I just contacted FFG and they sent me new ones right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cassar
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up doing the hot water thing. I had to sit it in the water for a while as it was the torso that was squished and let it cool while in the stand.appears to have worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.