Capital Lux» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gold discs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Rustemeyer
msg tools
designer
mbmb
The rules state I "may spend gold disks equal to the difference to avoid having to discard".

But: Do I also win the bonus card?

The rules state that I get the bonus VPs, since I probably have the highest value (more than allowed).

But that feels a bit unfair, e.g. spend 1-2 coins (VP) to gain 5-6 VPs (and to keep the VPs for the citizens I don't have to discard).

If No, gold coins are probably a bit weak.
If Yes, gold coins feel a bit overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Amundsen Østby
Norway
Langhus
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer is yes, you do get the bonus points. That's partly what makes a gold strategy good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed
United Kingdom
Essex / London / South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I came in looking to ask a similar question.

Say the Capital had a total of 10 for a colour, and in a two player game, one of us had 9 and the other 11.

The player with 11, pays one gold disc not to bust, but who gets the bonus card? Does he now have a total of 10 and thus "the highest" and get it?

What about if one player had 10 and ther other had 11, and again the player with 11 pays gold to save himself and reduce his total... Both players have 10, does it simply go in turn order with the first player (or closest to) take one bonus card, and then the other player?

There's nothing in the rule sheet about awarding bonus cards to people who bust and use gold to save themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Amundsen Østby
Norway
Langhus
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When you use gold, you only increase your allowed limit.
When determining who gets the bonus, you disregard the gold and only look on the values you have in your hometown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponder Stibbons
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
I give myself very good advice, But I very seldom follow it. That explains the trouble that I'm always in.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules, 'Use of Gold' wrote:
For each 1 disc spent, you increase your limit for one colour by 1.
if the 11 was limited then that player would have discarded the stack and things would be very simple. because the player with 11 was rich, it was not discarded and 11 remains greater than 9. in space, just as in life, "those who have the gold make the rules."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.