Hide
4 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: 23 survivors painted... too many left to go (want them?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T W
msg tools
I've had a great time painting the survivors for this game, but there are just too many in the Kickstarter Knight package! Here are the 23 I've painted so far:

a few I up close:

I've also done all of the zombies, aboms, and wulfs... although there is a pile of NPCs in dull grey still waiting.

I did the zombies as quickly as possible by mixing together a few washes (black/green/brown). I think they came out great--they look a ton better than the unpainted minis and were really quick to do. They also blend into the background a bit so your focus is drawn more to the heroes.

I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the remaining survivors, and I doubt I'll actually play with most of them. If anyone is interested, I've put a listing up in the BGG Marketplace for 19 of the remaining survivors, including a bunch of Kickstarter exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a great idea for the zombies. I just finished painting 1 sculpt of fatties and it took a long time. I think I'll follow your lead for the regular walkers. They all just get bunched up on the board anyway. Thanks for saving me tons of hours!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Carr
Australia
flag msg tools
They look great. Good job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Flanagan
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have found painting all the heroes a bit of an up hill struggle. There is so many if you got the kickstarter. Like you I only have about 20+ painted. But I hope to get them all done some day. Hopefully before Massive Darkness is released.

I found doing the heroes in small batches of 3 or 4 at a time where the color schemes overlap helps. Doing 2 or 3 of these batches and then doing some larger batches of the Zombies. Then returning to do some more heroes.
You feel like you are getting somewhere.

Like you said you don't have to do the Zombies in as much detail, unless they are the boss mobs. I tend to do the zombies in sets of 10 or more. This video by Sorastro really helped with the zombie painting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMOTmOchKyQ&t=1051s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.