8 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Homecoming mission... need help (spoiler alert) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Jones
msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I am the imperial player and I want to get ready for this mission. I wonder what are the best tips to win, I have lost all my games as imperial (most of them come down to a critical roll, or just in time).

I read on the forums that some people bring in an AT-ST, but I read in the rules that you can't deploy or move it indoors... so I am not sure anymore.

Any tips are welcomed.
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's correct that you can't deploy Massive figures indoors in a campaign, but there are plenty of exterior spaces where you could stick an AT-ST on this mission.

This mission is all about Luke: you want to kill him, or, failing that, delay him enough that he can't get to the T-16 and interact before the timer is up. Luke needs to move at least 21 spaces (five actions, if he isn't getting bonus movement from Fenn, Diala, or Gideon), and he has to interact twice, in order for the rebels to win. That means he has five discretionary actions to use. The rebels will probably want to make attacks with him to trigger his Recover ability; if you can Stun him, or land an early Bleed with your Trandoshans, that will eat more of his actions. Similarly, if you can bait Luke into moving the wrong direction, possibly by putting a figure at the spawn point below the rebel entrance, that will also be a big help.

There's not much point in attacking any rebels other than Luke. If you can't get a shot on Luke, it's probably better to have your figure move to a better position to set up for the next round.

In order for Luke to escape, the garage has to have two or fewer imperials on it when it's Luke's turn. Once the garage opens, you want to pile your units up on that tile so Luke can't interact. Just remember to keep them spread out if you can, to avoid effects like Blast and Cleave. As much as you might want to move Vader off to go chop up Luke, in many cases it would be a better play to keep him on the tile and just use Force Choke instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Jones
msg tools
Thank you. Very helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Jones
msg tools
What would you recommend for open hand? Threat level is currently 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gideon with Masterstroke could make this mission easy for the rebels though, but
If the rebels do not take out both of the Trandoshans or move Luke away, use them to attack Luke then back off. Relentless will cause Luke to suffer 1mb, and the attacks may give him enough to be very vulnerable from them on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
m_peretz wrote:
What would you recommend for open hand? Threat level is currently 4.

Royal Guards seems like a reasonable choice for your starting bonus deployment. Any Stun they can land on Luke will be a big help. If you put them in the close starting position, it will give the Rebels a tough choice between trying to eliminate Hunters or RGs before they start applying conditions to Luke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Jones
msg tools
I just realized that you need 2 or more imperial players in the garage. I guess nexu and hunters don't count ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
During the campaign all figures controlled by the imperial player are imperial figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.