Hide
4 Posts

Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Card play after Jupiter's Cock rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Walter Wofford
msg tools
I've got a question about what a Dominus can and cannot do after Jupiter's Cock has been played. Here is the scenario.

Player A plays a scheme on Player B - minus 2 Influence on a target Dominus and plus 1 influence to 2 Dominus.

Player B plays a Foil a Scheme Reaction card to block the scheme.

Player C plays Jupiter's Cock to negate the Foil a Scheme.

Player B then wants to play a Guard to foil the scheme.

I'm not sure if the Guard can be played after Jupiter's Cock. We allowed it to happen in this game because we could not find anything in the rules to say that the Guard, which is a Reaction card, could not be played after Jupiter's Cock. To me, if a Guard can be played after Jupiter's Cock it really minimizes the value of the card in terms of how the card can be used against an opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's a big difference.
JC as all reaction cards can be used against any scheme while the guard can only be used if the scheme targets the Dominus... and it's got a 50% success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Wofford
msg tools
GShock112 wrote:
There's a big difference.
JC as all reaction cards can be used against any scheme while the guard can only be used if the scheme targets the Dominus... and it's got a 50% success.

Thanks for the response GShock. I understand that the Guard can only be played by a Dominus when a scheme targets that Dominus. My question is can a Guard be played by a target Dominus after Jupiter's Cock has been played? In the situation that I described above, the target dominus wanted to use a Guard to block the scheme after JC was used to wipe out the Foil a Scheme card. Basically, the sequence in question is: Scheme --> Foil a Scheme (block scheme) --> JC (wipes out Foil a scheme). Scheme is active. Can a Guard be used after JC has been played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say yes - the guard can be used. In this situation JC is rather wasted and should have been saved for a better use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.