$60.00
$20.00
John Fiorillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
Drawing Dead Launches Kickstarter Campaign
Professional Gamer & Expert Game Designer Reveals New Poker-inspired Card Game

VISTA, CALIFORNIA (October 14, 2016) – Professional Magic player and game design expert, John Fiorillo, has revealed his first independent product, Drawing Dead. In support of the launch, the poker-inspired game will begin an official Kickstarter campaign set to go live on Tuesday October 18.

John Fiorillo is recognized within the gaming industry for his creative vision and evolutionary thinking. With an accomplished career as a professional Magic player and as lead developer on popular games such as SolForge, Ascension and You Gotta Be Kitten Me at Stone Blade Entertainment, Fiorillo brings a wealth of design and fine art expertise to his new company Gold Baby Games.

“I got into game design because I loved playing games,” says Fiorillo, founder of Gold Baby Games. “I’ve been privileged to work with some of the industry’s smartest minds, and now I bring that knowledge and those skill sets to Gold Baby Games.”

Drawing Dead is a family-friendly card game set in the Wild West while integrating a Day of the Dead theme. Applying the traditional rules of 7 Card Stud poker, Drawing Dead incorporates an interactive component allowing each player to assume one of 10 unique character roles designed to manipulate play and shake up strategy.

“I designed Drawing Dead as a product that’s accessible for non-gamers, yet has the strategic depth to keep even the most hard-core gamer satisfied and interested,” continues Fiorillo. “It’s more than just a poker game with a twist; it’s an immersive adventure.” Drawing Dead will launch a Kickstarter campaign on Tuesday October 18.

Available at an exclusive Kickstarter price of $19.99 USD.

Interviews and high-res images available upon request. More information: www.drawingdeadgame.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/DrawingDeadGame
Instagram/Twitter: @drawingdeadgame

###

About Gold Baby Games

Gold Baby Games is an “Idea Factory” creating innovative concepts and original games inspired by evolutionary thinking. With industry professional John Fiorillo at the helm, Gold Baby Games creates products that everyone from the hardcore gamer to the first-time players can enjoy by making games accessible yet strategically challenging.

DM for Media Inquires!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Why would you use the game name for your BGG account, rather than using the company name?

Also curious how you are charging $19.99 on KS... Didn't realize they allowed precision beyond dollars!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fiorillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hey there The Chaz,

This is John (Fiorillo) writing you back. Full disclosure, I am a forum newb. Like, 100% I have no idea what I'm doing here. But I do know that this is where the community congregates to discuss my other games, so I decided to create an account in the hopes that I could get in on the conversation. Bad idea? And, I'm not sure why I used DDG as my name. You don't like it?

As for your questions about the campaign: There are different rewards depending on how much you contribute to the campaign and our funding goal is 40k. If you contribute $19.99 you get a copy of the game, which will retail for more once the KS is over.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope this helps!
J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
John,
The username isn't terrible or anything - it's just a question of what to do when the next game comes? I did something similar with my first game when I created a Twitter handle specifically for it. The game is out of print, and all the effort I spent interacting with people from that account doesn't translate to my new/other/personal account.

If it's not too late, you might consider creating ingredients a new account, "GoldBabyGames". Your display name could still be your legal name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fiorillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
Awesome advice and very appreciated. Admittedly, I am a complete newb to forums!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
No problem! I probably could/should have elaborated more with my first reply =)

As for the KS price, I don't think you can use cents. Just make the pledge level $19.

But this makes me wonder - have you created the KS page yet? You're going live tomorrow, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fiorillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
Yep, we sure are! The page is ready to go

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fiorillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
Link to the campaign!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/johnfiorillo/drawing-de...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fiorillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
Creator of Drawing Dead will be LIVE via Kickstarter - Wed. Nov 9 @ 12pm PST!
Don’t miss John Fiorillo (pro gamer and lead developer of Drawing Dead) live streaming on Kickstarter! He’ll be chatting game play, answering your questions and revealing some new cards and exclusive prototypes no one has seen yet!

Sign up on our Kickstarter page and ask your questions! https://live.kickstarter.com/john-fiorillo/live/game-play-sp...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.