$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

The Opulent» Forums » Rules

Subject: Closing the Club rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Schroder
United States
Howell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Closing rules: can I close the club at any time or does the manager have to take his final turn (revealing one last event)?

Thanks!

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
www.blacklocustgames.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The club is closed as soon as the last patron leaves or cycles through and there are no patrons remaining in the patron deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought you could also choose to close the club after reaching your scenario objectives, or are you only talking about when you play a one-off that it ends only after going fully through the patron deck?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
magicman6173 wrote:
The club is closed as soon as the last patron leaves or cycles through and there are no patrons remaining in the patron deck.


In the online rules I have (no delivery yet but it's not far away) this situation only begins Last Call where the Manager stacks three coins to count down until closing time.

There is also the line "*Note - Last Call is not required to end a scenario; you may choose to close the club once you have enough money in the club coffers."

Plus, "If the club coffers equals or exceeds the total dollar amount needed
for that scenario (cost of business + selected club upgrade), then the players have won that scenario."

All on p.26.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Willett
United States
Chapel Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
www.blacklocustgames.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ibbo wrote:
magicman6173 wrote:
The club is closed as soon as the last patron leaves or cycles through and there are no patrons remaining in the patron deck.


In the online rules I have (no delivery yet but it's not far away) this situation only begins Last Call where the Manager stacks three coins to count down until closing time.

There is also the line "*Note - Last Call is not required to end a scenario; you may choose to close the club once you have enough money in the club coffers."

Plus, "If the club coffers equals or exceeds the total dollar amount needed
for that scenario (cost of business + selected club upgrade), then the players have won that scenario."

All on p.26.


Apologies, let me clarify a bit. The club is officially closed once the last patron has cycled through all stations. That being said, the club can refuse to let anyone else in once financial objectives are met, but should still work the remaining patrons left inside the club. Think of it as going to a restaurant right before closing. The establishment would still let you order, eat, etc. even after they have closed the front doors but would just not allow anyone else to come in.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
magicman6173 wrote:
Ibbo wrote:
magicman6173 wrote:
The club is closed as soon as the last patron leaves or cycles through and there are no patrons remaining in the patron deck.


In the online rules I have (no delivery yet but it's not far away) this situation only begins Last Call where the Manager stacks three coins to count down until closing time.

There is also the line "*Note - Last Call is not required to end a scenario; you may choose to close the club once you have enough money in the club coffers."

Plus, "If the club coffers equals or exceeds the total dollar amount needed
for that scenario (cost of business + selected club upgrade), then the players have won that scenario."

All on p.26.


Apologies, let me clarify a bit. The club is officially closed once the last patron has cycled through all stations. That being said, the club can refuse to let anyone else in once financial objectives are met, but should still work the remaining patrons left inside the club. Think of it as going to a restaurant right before closing. The establishment would still let you order, eat, etc. even after they have closed the front doors but would just not allow anyone else to come in.


Wait a minute, this might be a big deal, be a big misunderstanding on my end, and partially explain why I'm getting crushed. For the 3 count-down timer coins on the manager, once they run out, is it a matter of anyone still in line not being able to get in the club at that time but I can still work those that remain in the club? If so, that is great! It's a great game, but I've been having a hard time once I reached 1922.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I re-read the closing rules and I did not mis-understand, it was pretty clear that once those 3 coins go away the game immediately ends, and both the patrons at the door and the patrons inside the club are discarded along with their money.

I might play a variant with these "restaurant" style rules where the patrons inside the club are allowed to cycle through.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.