$20.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Flamme Rouge» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shuffling energy cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoshihisa Miura
Japan
Kodaira-city
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Asger,

Thank you for showing me how to play the game on 14th Oct. at Spiel'16. I like it very much and bought it. (without your signature on th box cry)

May I ask you a question?

When I draw four energy cards and the deck runs out, should I shuffle the recycled cards immediately without the unplayed three cards? Or should I shuffle the recycled cards with the unplayed three cards?


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously I am not Asger so fwiw. The way I played it is if you do not have 4 cards to draw, you draw as many as you can, and then shuffle all the rest and draw the rest up to 4.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how we did it yesterday.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DominiGeek
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
D.N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
coralsaw wrote:
Obviously I am not Asger so fwiw. The way I played it is if you do not have 4 cards to draw, you draw as many as you can, and then shuffle all the rest and draw the rest up to 4.

I also believe this is the proper way. In one game, I had the last 4 cards to take and decided to shuffle the deck to gain time. In that turn my rider got an exhaustion card, so I had to reshuffle the deck again to insert it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
The answers are correct

You only reshuffle when you need to draw a card, and can't. Always at the start of your turn. You don't do it in the middle or at the end of a turn. Hence exhaustion and recycled cards can enter the deck before reshuffling.

Hope that is clear!

Happy racing
Asger Granerud
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AsgerSG wrote:
The answers are correct

You only reshuffle when you need to draw a card, and can't. Always at the start of your turn. You don't do it in the middle or at the end of a turn. Hence exhaustion and recycled cards can enter the deck before reshuffling.

Hope that is clear!

Happy racing
Asger Granerud


So you don't have to use an exhausting card right away (meaning it is one of the four cards for your next turn)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not 100% certain what the question is. Could you rephrase?

Regards
Asger
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exhaustion cards go onto your discard pile, not into your hand, correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
Exhaustion cards go onto your discard pile, not into your hand, correct?


Yes, that is correct

Asger
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AD .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Exhaustion cards go onto your discard pile, not into your hand, correct?

Yes that is correct


But the rules seem to imply that they go under the deck, face-up.

Quote:

Page 3 rules: End Phase
3. Assign exhaustion cards
If your rider is exhausted, take an exhaustion card matching your rider
(sprinteur or rouleur) and recycle it


What is the definition of recycle?

Quote:

Page 3: Energy phase

Recycle: place the card(s) face up
at the bottom of the matching
rider’s energy deck.


Could you clarify?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zardon wrote:
Quote:

Exhaustion cards go onto your discard pile, not into your hand, correct?

Yes that is correct


But the rules seem to imply that they go under the deck, face-up.


Which is the same as a discard pile. The point is that you re-shuffle them, once you have no facedown cards left, and build a new draw pile.

zardon wrote:

Quote:

Page 3 rules: End Phase
3. Assign exhaustion cards
If your rider is exhausted, take an exhaustion card matching your rider
(sprinteur or rouleur) and recycle it


What is the definition of recycle?

Quote:

Page 3: Energy phase

Recycle: place the card(s) face up
at the bottom of the matching
rider’s energy deck.


Could you clarify?


See above. Recycle = You put them face up under the deck (or alternatively in their seperate discard pile, which would be called "discarded" instead). What is there to clarify?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
Soon to be published!
mbmbmbmbmb
Benji has it right

Regards
Asger
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AD .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks, this is most helpful.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.