$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Mi Tierra: New Era» Forums » Rules

Subject: Animal-production improvements, endgame scoring of animals, plant event rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Morton
msg tools
The improvements that let your animals produce during the farm phase say "If you have at least (2/3) (animal) produce one (product)". The rules for the animal-product small factory says that each animal can only produce once, but I can't tell if that's just explaining you can't double-dip by sending two workers to that factory space, or if it's meant to apply to the animal-production improvements as well. Does producing with an animal using the small factory mean you can't use your animal-production improvements that turn?

Is Meat a tier-1 good for purposes of rodeo prizes?

Are animals goods for purposes of the end-game scoring's final step of "sell all your tier 1 and 2 goods for half black market price"? If you buy the B-phase improvements that give points for animals (+13 for all four animal types or +2 per animal), do they score for your animals and then you ALSO sell all your animals to the black market?

The rulebook's listing for events has one event listed as a -1 next to pictures of each of the plant seed tokens, with an effect of "everyone loses a seed at the end of the round." In the actual event deck, we didn't find any events with pictures of the seed tokens, but there were two events with pictures of the three plant PRODUCTS, one which had a -1 and one which had a +1. Our initial interpretation of the imagery was that it was an event that would affect plant harvest yield that round--e.g. one extra or one less good when harvest. When we realized there was no event matching the seed icons, we guessed that the -1 event was the "lose one seed" event, but then what's the +1 event? Everybody gains a seed of their choice at the end of the round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dany Houart
Belgium
flag msg tools
For the animal production improvement, since there's no need to place two workers on the small factory, I think that the restriction apply for the round. If you produce in the small factory, you can't use industrial improvement this round.

I bought this game at Essen and it's a very nice game. I hope that the rules will be translated soon in French.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:
The improvements that let your animals produce during the farm phase say "If you have at least (2/3) (animal) produce one (product)". The rules for the animal-product small factory says that each animal can only produce once, but I can't tell if that's just explaining you can't double-dip by sending two workers to that factory space, or if it's meant to apply to the animal-production improvements as well. Does producing with an animal using the small factory mean you can't use your animal-production improvements that turn?

Yes, having the animal production improvement on your farm means you don't have to send workers to the factory space to do the production is how I we play it. Your question is sort of worded backwards to how I think about it.

Re-worded, "Does having the animal production improvement on my turn mean I cannot use a worker at the factory spot to do the same animals in production on the same turn?" Yes.

Chrondeath wrote:
Is Meat a tier-1 good for purposes of rodeo prizes?
On page 10 of the rule book it specifically lists what you are allowed to take "1 goods (apples, wheat, grapes) and/or animals from the countryside (cows, sheep, chickens)"

Chrondeath wrote:
Are animals goods for purposes of the end-game scoring's final step of "sell all your tier 1 and 2 goods for half black market price"? If you buy the B-phase improvements that give points for animals (+13 for all four animal types or +2 per animal), do they score for your animals and then you ALSO sell all your animals to the black market?

Yes, animals are goods to be sold at half price. If you look on page 10 of the rulebook beside where it talks about end game scoring, it shows you what all the Level 1 and Level 2 goods are, and animals are included in the list.

Yes, it specifically mentions you keep your animals, then can sell them off at the Black Market for half price.

Chrondeath wrote:
The rulebook's listing for events has one event listed as a -1 next to pictures of each of the plant seed tokens, with an effect of "everyone loses a seed at the end of the round." In the actual event deck, we didn't find any events with pictures of the seed tokens, but there were two events with pictures of the three plant PRODUCTS, one which had a -1 and one which had a +1. Our initial interpretation of the imagery was that it was an event that would affect plant harvest yield that round--e.g. one extra or one less good when harvest. When we realized there was no event matching the seed icons, we guessed that the -1 event was the "lose one seed" event, but then what's the +1 event? Everybody gains a seed of their choice at the end of the round?

The card is probably a misprint, and now that I look at it (we haven't actually had that card come up yet), I am going to guess the +1 event is everyone gains a seed of their choice, sort of like the +1 water one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Abudinen
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Murr wrote:

The card is probably a misprint,

Hi, the cards are correct, one is +1 and one is -1, the page 11 are only examples.

Murr wrote:

now that I look at it (we haven't actually had that card come up yet), I am going to guess the +1 event is everyone gains a seed of their choice, sort of like the +1 water one.

You are right, everyone gains a seed of their choice.

I hope you enjoyed playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
Murr wrote:
Yes, having the animal production improvement on your farm means you don't have to send workers to the factory space to do the production is how I we play it.

Hold on, it's not at all the same thing, right? The animal production farm improvements are limited to one product each, while the factory gives you one product per three animals (or two cows).

Thus, strategically, if you go heavy into animals, you have to keep hitting the factory every turn anyway, and the animal-production buildings (which you'd think would be good for a heavy animal strategy) don't do anything. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:
Murr wrote:
Yes, having the animal production improvement on your farm means you don't have to send workers to the factory space to do the production is how I we play it.

Hold on, it's not at all the same thing, right? The animal production farm improvements are limited to one product each, while the factory gives you one product per three animals (or two cows).

Thus, strategically, if you go heavy into animals, you have to keep hitting the factory every turn anyway, and the animal-production buildings (which you'd think would be good for a heavy animal strategy) don't do anything. Am I missing something?

No you're not missing anything. If you have 4 or 6 animals and wanted to do the production multiple times, you need to go to the factory, since the automation tile on your farm only allows it to be done once. Sorry, I didn't mean to be confusing in my answer.

But I do think that if you use the factory, you're not going to be able to use the farm improvement on the same turn with the same animals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpiderOne wrote:
Murr wrote:

The card is probably a misprint,

Hi, the cards are correct, one is +1 and one is -1, the page 11 are only examples.

Alberto, I meant that the card was a misprint in that it should have shown seed tokens, not products. I did not think the +1/-1 was a misprint.

Chronodeath was asking about the rulebook showing Seed icons, and the cards showing Product icons. That's what I meant was probably a misprint on the card. That the card should have been showing Seed icons like it shows in the rulebook. (See the highlighted text below)

Chrondeath wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Ali Jimenez Peltroche
Peru
Lima
Lima
flag msg tools
Murr wrote:
If you have 4 or 6 animals and wanted to do the production multiple times, you need to go to the factory, since the automation tile on your farm only allows it to be done once.

Actually I think is the opposite of what you are explaining. When you look at the improvements cards of the animals production, it does not have the "x1" symbol that the wine cellar or mill have on it. So, I am assuming that, if you have 6 cows and the cow improvement card, you could get 3 milks with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, Murr is correct. The factory allows you to produce multiples and your farm improvement is a once per turn. The X1 is there to show that you produce 1 item for each set of the required resources you spend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.