Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Pre order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dheyrdre Machado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings

The pre order copies are the same as the KS copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jannin
France
SAUTRON
Loire Atlantique
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the KS version there is a thank you note that won't be in the retail version.
Plus the standee version is KS exclusive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dheyrdre wrote:
Greetings :)

Yes, the preorder is exactly the same as Kickstarter version except for the small thank you note mentioned above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dheyrdre Machado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
dheyrdre wrote:
Greetings

Yes, the preorder is exactly the same as Kickstarter version except for the small thank you note mentioned above.

I checked the KS page, is "just" a note, but man, I really want.
whistle

Just one more question, for how long it will be open?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Autumn Gamer is a pirate, Blustering in from sea, With a rollocking song, he sweeps along, Swaggering boisterously. The Autumn Gamer is a raider, Pillaging just for fun. He'll knock you 'round and upside down, And laugh when he's conquered and won.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw the game at essen and loved it.

Now I tried to preorder it for the whole day and it's not working cry
The **** preorder-page is not accepting Paypal and asks me "To come back later"....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bartlett
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also have tried to preorder and get the same error from paypal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xris Wraith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same problem, PayPal not working. Preordered with credit card, that went without problems

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Autumn Gamer is a pirate, Blustering in from sea, With a rollocking song, he sweeps along, Swaggering boisterously. The Autumn Gamer is a raider, Pillaging just for fun. He'll knock you 'round and upside down, And laugh when he's conquered and won.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, yes!

Was the same thing for me. Creditcard and it worked. Hopefully I will not get banged with foreign currency fees...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy H.
United States
Jacksonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
haplo92 wrote:
In the KS version there is a thank you note that won't be in the retail version.
Plus the standee version is KS exclusive

Standee version?

What does retail get?

I'm super hyped for this game, but if I don't need to pre order I don't think I will. Too many other KS out there i want to back that have TONS of KS exclusives

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ackland
msg tools
Retail/preorder has minis for the players. A cheaper option on the Kickstarter had standees instead. Many backers opted to get the standees plus the minis as an add on.
You're not missing anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy H.
United States
Jacksonville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Ax0r wrote:
Retail/preorder has minis for the players. A cheaper option on the Kickstarter had standees instead. Many backers opted to get the standees plus the minis as an add on.
You're not missing anything.

Wow, I just checked again and never even noticed the Standee for heroes options hahah!
Thanks for the info.

Yeah I'd rather have minis every time.
I'm excited for the game, but I'll wait for retail and use the money for another KS. Not sure what though. Vampire Hunters maybe...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, PayPal is currently having some problems. It should be fixed in a couple days. In the mean time, the credit card option is still available. Sorry for the trouble!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Petrů
Czech Republic
Mělník
Středočeský kraj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello, I would like to know for approximately how long will the preorder be open? I am decided that I want to preorder this glorious game, but I can´t really buy it at the moment. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, I just wanted to let everyone know that the PayPal option for the pre-order is functioning again. Sorry for the trouble that caused.

And to Tomáš, the pre-order will be open until we are finished with production. At this point, I would estimate that will happen in a week or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
First of all, I just wanted to let everyone know that the PayPal option for the pre-order is functioning again. Sorry for the trouble that caused.

And to Tomáš, the pre-order will be open until we are finished with production. At this point, I would estimate that will happen in a week or two.

Does the new ETA of January 2017 mean that the pre order will be open a bit longer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Cephalofair wrote:
dheyrdre wrote:
Greetings

Hi, just saw that cardhaus is taking preorders at $76, that's a $23 discount off your website preorder @ $99. If the contents are exactly the same minus the thank you, then it's really a slap in the face for those who PO directly from you to support you, especially those who PO shortly after the KS ended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Klein
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Kiwizor wrote:

Hi, just saw that cardhaus is taking preorders at $76, that's a $23 discount off your website preorder @ $99. If the contents are exactly the same minus the thank you, then it's really a slap in the face for those who PO directly from you to support you, especially those who PO shortly after the KS ended.

No slapping required to explain this.

- If Isaac took less than MSRP, he would undercut brick-and-mortar stores. Smart game publishers do not do that.
- You can either order at the cheaper website and be glad that you just saved $23.
- Or you can order at cephalofair and be glad that you just supported a hard-working individual who runs a transcontinental business creating fantasy worlds from his apartment.
- Or you can even go out and be glad that you supported your friendly local game store (if you have one, that is).

Either way, you win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiwizor wrote:
If the contents are exactly the same minus the thank you, then it's really a slap in the face for those who PO directly from you to support you, especially those who PO shortly after the KS ended.

Isaac doesn't have any power to tell Cardhaus what to sell their copies for. He set an MSRP based on his production cost, and he sells copies to distributors at a discount. Distributors then sell the games on to retail at a smaller discount. Most retailers then sell for MSRP or close tonit in order to cover the cost of running their business, but some online retailers are able to undercut that price. It's up to each individual retailer to price their merchandise however they want, and it's up to each individual customer to decide what price they are willing to pay. The publisher has no role in any of this.

Also, note that the preorders come with domestic shipping included and international shipping at modest rates. Cardhaus has bulk shipping discounts, but you'll be paying for shipping if you don't order anything else. With a 20lb box, that's going to be a lot of dough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the Thank You card is just in KS copies, not preorders or retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kiwizor wrote:

If they decided to cut their margins on that particular title... nobody is to blame. Go and buy it. Or wait in the hope of finding a better deal. It's up to you. Those who paid 99$ considered that price fair, I presume. It's a free market. Enjoy its beauty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
They number of copies they have is limited to some number. So when they sell them all, they will no longer be available for that price. They bought them from Cephalophair so:
1) Cephalophair must have known if the price was right
2) As the shop bought it, it can sell it for whatever price they want. If it is $1, it is their choice

BTW: If you order let us say 50 boxes of Gloomhaven directly from Cephalophair, I believe you will also get better price than KS/retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Kiwizor wrote:
Cephalofair wrote:
dheyrdre wrote:
Greetings

Do you know what's a slap in the face? Buying retail and getting a stripped-down shell of a game. Sadly, that's the standard, and people like you get mad when a publisher chooses to not fuck over their retail customers in the name of "exclusivity".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Ethereality wrote:
Kiwizor wrote:
Cephalofair wrote:
dheyrdre wrote:
Greetings

Do you know what's a slap in the face? Buying retail and getting a stripped-down shell of a game. Sadly, that's the standard, and people like you get mad when a publisher chooses to not fuck over their retail customers in the name of "exclusivity".

Actually, I wouldn't be mad. It only seems right that supporters of the KS, shouldering the risk, get more. And if the retailer offers a stripped down version at a lower price, that's fair too. So not a slap to me.

Seems like we have varying beliefs. I take some of your points, highly valid if you're looking at it from the perspective of the creator, the retailer, and a noble supporter.

I admit my mistake in using a strong word like slap in the face, which will definitely trigger an emotional response. I was, at that point, emotional as well. But do hear my perspective - you are likely to disagree, but no harm sharing my POV in a forum.

As a potential customer who finds out about the game a little too late to take part in the KS, and jumps in on the creator's late pledge/PO, basically still taking a risk and supporting the creator without certainty of delivery, the customer is helping to shoulder similar risks as the KS supporters. Before the product is even delivered though, comes along a retailer offering the product at a cheaper price, how would you feel? Some noble ones will think it's fine, of course, but surely you know not everyone will feel the same way?

Most KS I'm aware of (I'm sure you can point to exceptions) tend to offer backers/late pledgers either exclusives or value for $$ if there are no exclusives. Otherwise, it just tells future backers that there is no value in supporting your KS and it's better to just wait till retail. Unless creator doesn't plan to run anymore KS in future, this will reduce number of initial supporters in the KS. You already see this with some KS like CMON, where ppl only pledge for KS exclusives because they know other add-ons can be bought at retail for cheaper.

Of course, this is all my 2 cents opinion. Some of you obviously don't feel the same, but that does not make my opinion les valid as one segment of the customer base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kiwizor,
it's the helpline for disappointed players here. So, if I understand well, you pre-ordered the game at 99$ and now you see you could have pre-ordered it at 76$ instead? I did miss the fact that you have pre-ordered the game. Your feeling is understandable and your opinion must be respected. But, with all the due respect, let me notice that it happened to me many times to buy a game and find it a month later sold at 33% discount. This is NOT a KS exclusive :-) So you are not alone! The problem is, I, like you, was unable to foresee a price drop in the near future. In general, these are difficult things to predict. And moreover, it's not that we buy games for speculative purposes, we buy game for playing them. So the question really is, it's 99$ a fair price? I think that if you manage to play a substantial amount of scenarios with 3-4 players, it's a bargain in terms of pleasure per person per dollar. If the game instead sit on a shelf taking dust , it's a net loss. (I know, there are collectors among us that are just happy to have it... I'm not among them... I want to play my games). But this would be the case also if you paid it 76$. Thus the question "is the game going to be good enough to be extensively played" is, in my opinion, still more important that "I paid it 99$ or 76$" to judge if we got a fair deal or not. And since it seems we are both unable to predict the future, we have just to wait and see how the game finally will be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.