Darklight: Memento Mori» Forums » General

Subject: still on track? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is this game still on track? for its release date..or has it "slipped" like so many of the other KS games seem to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would currently expect a few months delay at least. Ludo Fact is busy with a lot of projects (e.g. I would estimate big projects like Dark Souls get priority):
Frank Jaeger wrote:
Anyway, a word about the miniatures: China is on holiday this week and next week is Essen Fair. I'll see my colleagues there and then and we will go over all the projects we have at this time, which is a large number, bigger than ever. The industry is booming and everybody is starting to feel it.

That being said, Dario has send over renders which are checked to see if we can make small changes that can have a big impact on production cost by simply making the miniatures fewer parts. Ideally, one piece and base attached is what we require to stay within reasonable pricing. Miniature prices multiply with more parts and assembly, and while that may be necessary for some miniatures, we cannot do it for every single one.

That is being done but probably stuck in the pipeline of just too many projects. The good studios and craftsmen are used by multiple companies and maybe that causes a little delay. But I will find out next week and then tell Dark Ice Games the status. Please bear with us in the mean time, We'll get you news as soon as we have it ourselves.
Cheers
FRank.

But more importantly is to get game done right (and before UK leaves EU) than on time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Like batanen said. We are still on track but we have many people to rely on, so we'll see how the situation changes with time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks guys..going to put a pledge in tonight..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds good.
But (especialy) on miniature KSs I almost expect that it's going to be at least 3 months later than the delivery date.
I've come to accept that. Anyways I got so many other games to play (and miniatures to paint) that it does not matter that much to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not only on miniature KS...the xenoshyft KS is running behind..and that's a card game!!.plus a lot of the card templates are in place from the first game???..no excuses at all for that being late.some do release on time..Dungeon saga did release around the given date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KS releasing on time are much more of a rarity than those that run late. Minimum three months after due date is a reasonable expectation I would agree (and personally I go for six months).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.