Subject: Neutral worker considered as a color? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geir Wahlquist
Norway
Drammen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the neutral worker considered as a color. If there already is a worker with neutral color in a tower, is it possible for another player to place neutral worker in same tower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the neutral worker is considered a non-color. That is why it is possible to place both a colored worker and a neutral worker in the same tower. And yes, two neutral workers could occupy the same tower/space. Think of it like the black dice in Marco Polo, if you've played that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geir Wahlquist
Norway
Drammen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Then we played it correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil Łukasik
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colemunrochitty wrote:
No, the neutral worker is considered a non-color. That is why it is possible to place both a colored worker and a neutral worker in the same tower. And yes, two neutral workers could occupy the same tower/space. Think of it like the black dice in Marco Polo, if you've played that.

Really? Both "beige" neutral pawns can be placed in the same tower? I thought they are considered as "same colour".

Is it official rulling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
warlock000 wrote:
colemunrochitty wrote:

Really? Both "beige" neutral pawns can be placed in the same tower? I thought they are considered as "same colour".

Is it official rulling?

An old thread, but it ended on a cliffhanger. I'm wondering about this as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule book page 07:
"There can't be two Family Members of the same color in the same Tower. Uncolored Family Members are considered to be of a neutral color."

'Neutral Color' means non-color, not 'Beige'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
colemunrochitty wrote:
Rule book page 07:
"There can't be two Family Members of the same color in the same Tower. Uncolored Family Members are considered to be of a neutral color."

'Neutral Color' means non-color, not 'Beige'.

Oh, I was actually commenting about the earlier posting saying they could both be placed in the same "tower/space". I thought you were claiming two pawns could go in the same space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh yes, I think I was considering the production areas and the scrolls area, and the one leader card that allows you to occupy a space with another pawn. Generally, and especially in the tower, only one pawn per space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
colemunrochitty wrote:
Ahhh yes, I think I was considering the production areas and the scrolls area, and the one leader card that allows you to occupy a space with another pawn. Generally, and especially in the tower, only one pawn per space.

This made me peruse the rules (I played someone else's copy). I didn't realize the left and right production/harvest areas count as one "space" in terms of having only one colored family member in them. Also, the scrolls area DOES explicitly allow you to have more than one colored family member in it.

As much as I really like this game, the family member placement rules are quite fiddly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.