Subject: Structure hexes and degrading rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
thierry seguy
France
Mornas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rule says that only the structure itself blocks LOS. The other part of the hex degrades the LOS if it passes through the hex without touching the structure.

Is it the same on the Stalingrad map for a hex with structure and road?
For example if a LOS is traced along the road part of these structure hexes without touching the structure, is the LOS degraded for each hex?

It's a problem because 3 degraded hexes block LOS so a unit can't fire more than 3 hexes away along the road.

Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, it will be blocked after 2 hexes thierry.
In the reality of the Stalingrad streets, there is a lot of rubble and debris strewn about those hexes so I think anything past 2 hexes or 100 meters in those ruins is not valid.

A lot of LOSs on the Stalingrad map will be short and/or degraded. It's the nature of the beast when fighting in a destroyed urban environment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Farrell
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Bonjour Thierry,

That's a very good question. I took a quick look at the online rules. It looks to me that Urban LOS rules 6-10 suggest or imply that the LOS would not be degraded if you are shooting down the road. I have not played the Stalingrad game yet but I will play it assuming LOS is good unless I hear otherwise. Ah, I see the game designer has said otherwise in the time it took for me to compose this message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thierry seguy
France
Mornas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you very much for your great support. I understand what you say and yes it seems historical accurate for the urban combat in Stalingrad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.