Martians: A Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: More questions; rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Hair
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Can FOOD be used to remove HUNGER (on a 1-1 basis), or must you use a Nutritionist to turn food into hunger reduction?
Ditto MEDICINE and DISEASES/PHYSICIANS?

If you must have a Nutritionist & Physician, then the game is broke - as it dictates which two experts you must have and there aren't enough for every player to have one. So I am assuming that you can, but cant find it in the rules.

Related question - Can I kick an expert out of the airlock and replace with a different one, or is the two limit set in stone?

I'm liking the game, but the weak rules book is v. frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Corporate Whore wrote:
Can FOOD be used to remove HUNGER (on a 1-1 basis), or must you use a Nutritionist to turn food into hunger reduction?
Ditto MEDICINE and DISEASES/PHYSICIANS?

If you must have a Nutritionist & Physician, then the game is broke - as it dictates which two experts you must have and there aren't enough for every player to have one. So I am assuming that you can, but cant find it in the rules.

Related question - Can I kick an expert out of the airlock and replace with a different one, or is the two limit set in stone?

I'm liking the game, but the weak rules book is v. frustrating.

You don't need a Nutritionist and Physician to use food for hunger and medicine for desease, what made you think that?
They just give you a more efficient way to use those resources.

Not sure about kicking out an expert, the rules indeed don't mention it, but I would say it's possible.

I had my first solo game yesterday and didn't find anything that frustrating...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on page 12, under "Products Delivery":

"A player finishing their turn marks this by placing a colonist token on the cycle track. This way the colonists may bring to the quarters a maximum of two products in any combination. The products are food and medicines. A player delivering one medicine removes one disease token from any quarter, and delivering one food removes one hunger token".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hair
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Great, thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.