Hide
4 Posts

Betrayal at House on the Hill: Widow's Walk» Forums » Rules

Subject: Haunt 99 spoiler rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Adkins
msg tools
So, I found haunt 99, and I have a question: it says that the new game ends when the box is found or all players die, but if a second haunt is triggered during the new game, to play that scenario out as usual. What happens if the new haunt has a traitor, and that traitor is successful in their new haunt win condition and are still alive before the box is found? Since they are the traitor, technically they can ignore the rules of the room tiles, so there's little way of having their stats go down, that way, and all the other players are dead, meaning there's no opponents for them to fight. Does the game just continue with the traitor wandering aimlessly until they stumble upon a room with an omen that they can get the box from? Or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
XabinOtter wrote:
So, I found haunt 99, and I have a question: it says that the new game ends when the box is found or all players die, but if a second haunt is triggered during the new game, to play that scenario out as usual. What happens if the new haunt has a traitor, and that traitor is successful in their new haunt win condition and are still alive before the box is found? Since they are the traitor, technically they can ignore the rules of the room tiles, so there's little way of having their stats go down, that way, and all the other players are dead, meaning there's no opponents for them to fight. Does the game just continue with the traitor wandering aimlessly until they stumble upon a room with an omen that they can get the box from? Or what?

The Manor of Your Demise says: "If you reveal the haunt in this new game, read this haunt again, starting at the top." So you throw away all room tiles, put everyone back in the Entrance Hall, set the timer, and begin a new game. It later says "Even though you revealed a haunt in the previous instance of the game, you haven’t revealed one in this game." So The Manor of Your Demise never has a traitor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Adkins
msg tools
mike selinker wrote:
XabinOtter wrote:

The Manor of Your Demise says: "If you reveal the haunt in this new game, read this haunt again, starting at the top." So you throw away all room tiles, put everyone back in the Entrance Hall, set the timer, and begin a new game. It later says "Even though you revealed a haunt in the previous instance of the game, you haven’t revealed one in this game." So The Manor of Your Demise never has a traitor.

So, if you reveal a haunt in the replay of the game for this haunt, you reread the haunt again and replay it? It continuously loops like that, until either time runs up, the box is found, or all of the heroes are dead? Huh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brown
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say "...until the rapidly disappearing time runs out...", but, yeah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.