Subject: ARVN Bot redeploy 8.7.7 troop donor space selection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Myles Carey

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
Having a little trouble with redeploy.

I have a U.S. base in NVA control province.
How do I pick space(s) from which Arvn troops can be pulled from to bring said province into COIN control?

1) What troops in cities are ineligible?

Can a city only contribute troops beyond those troops needed to:
Maintain city coin control and maintain 3 cubes in the city?

2) can I use > 1 donor city?

If I have > 1 donor city with equal eligible troop counts can I use > 1 city's troops to turn the above said US base province from NVA to COIN?

Thanks,
Myles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
8.7.7 bullet 1: First you use those ARVN Troops that aren't allowed anyway, i.e., those on LoCs and Provinces with no COIN Bases; then you take them from spaces where the Troops aren't absolutely required to Redeploy (i.e., Cities, and Provinces with COIN Bases) but where there are ARVN Troops that can be removed without making the donor space itself a Redeploy target (i.e., keep COIN Control and, in Cities, at least 3 cubes).

1) Yes, only those Troops not already needed to maintain COIN Control and 3+ cubes may leave. Note that Police in the donor City also help maintaining Control there and are cubes, so if the Police by themselves are 3+ and can retain Control by themselves then all Troops may Redeploy.

2) Of course you can use more than 1 donor city. If you have several potential donor cities that could provide the same number of Troops, you select one of them randomly and take Troops from it until it can donate no more, then pick the next one, and so on.

Regards,
Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.