Inis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Advantage Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Pelzmann
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just bought the game at Essen - really excited to try it out, just read the rules so far.

One thing is not clear to me - what happens with Advantage cards when someone plays them? The rules say they are placed facedown. Why does that matter? Are played advantage cards no longer available for the next turn? It confuses me since not played advantage cards are placed faceup at the end of a season.

Thanks for clarifications!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benno Aselmeyer
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are played face down to show that they have been played.
There's a card that allows you to pick up a unplayed Advantage Card and by placing them face down you can distinguish between played and unplayed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pelzmann
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you! So I guess that all advantage cards are available each turn whether they've been played or not? At least I didn't read otherwise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benno Aselmeyer
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. In the first phase of every turn you always check which Advantage Cards are given to what player. If there is no chieftain on a tile the card stays face up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
So, essentially, regardless of faceup or facedown, Advantage cards are given to chieftains.

I understand the slight confusion here. I expected a "Turn played, face down advantage cards faceup" step in the end of round or beginning of round sequence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Quesnel

Michigan
msg tools
So we know that advantage cards that are used during the season phase are discarded face down and if they dont get used then they are placed back into the advantage card pool face up.

At the end of the round/beginning of the next round, are those face down advantage cards placed back face up or do they remain face down, unusable until a card lets you choose a played advantage card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quizmaester wrote:
So we know that advantage cards that are used during the season phase are discarded face down and if they dont get used then they are placed back into the advantage card pool face up.

At the end of the round/beginning of the next round, are those face down advantage cards placed back face up or do they remain face down, unusable until a card lets you choose a played advantage card?

Every new turn they are available, and distributed to the chieftains of those areas. Any not needed are face up in the deck, although we usually put any that are in play but don't have a chieftain out, so people can see them easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.