tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
only a huge sized demo.. On a leaflet it said Q1 2017, but I couldn't ask the rep for more info (kickstarter?) as he was too occupied with others at that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they take their time with the game and really get it right. I don't mind waiting if the payoff is a great product. Too many games are rushed into production--looks like this won't be one of them.cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
And make it a superdeluxecollectorsvisualstunning edition!
(or at least addons to make it so)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Delval
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll keep my fingers crossed as this game does greatly interest me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steye
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I did have a chance to talk with the rep for a little bit.. The new game will be on sale at Spiel'17. Some of the changes they made so far focus on streamlining the game, making it (a bit) easier and faster. For example:

- Provinces on the map were more clearly marked.
- Cards with a value of 3 now have a small ship icon.
- Cards also indicate the number of casualties after combat, instead of using one of the attrition table (if I remember correctly?!)
- The rulebook has been improved.

It seems like an improvement, but until Spiel'17 my 1996 edition will do just fine!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kirsipuu
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He also promised scenarios for the game and couple of new generals to choose from. On the other side will be the map for the Hasdrubal game. For that game they will add some additional cards. So I will get two games in the box.

The co designer seamed to be a really nice guy who is really interested in making these changes to the game. As I understood they will try to kickstart the game. After talking to him I felt that I should order the kickstarter edition although I own the Valley Games copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias Khalil
Qatar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirss wrote:
On the other side will be the map for the Hasdrubal game. For that game they will add some additional cards. So I will get two games in the box.

Interesting. I was under the impression it would be a Hamilcar (First Punic Wars) game. Hasdrubal would be part of the same conflict (Second Punic Wars) as Hannibal. Maybe it will focus on the Iberian conflict v Scipio Africanus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
badge
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
mbmbmbmbmb
He meant Hamilcar (1st Punic War).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaro Andruszkiewicz
England
St Albans
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
an update https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/60123/location-names-hann...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.