GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,551 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i've always wanted to do one of these and bgg probably has the space to do it with things like the 11th floor.

I'd love to play wouldn't even mind helping run it. I tried to get some people in houston interested in it i just couldn't so i never sat down and learned it.

the hard part is you'd have to organize the event remotely having never played it or your gms. Which after taking a look at the pdfs felt I'd have to do a couple demo games just so i could get the flow before it could go off with out major hitches.

It'd be amazing if a group got together and learned it outside bgg so they could run it at bgg as i feel that would be the only way something like this could get off the ground.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally West
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Zug Zug
mbmbmbmbmb
If there isn't an event like this scheduled, I think that's a mistake on our parts. Even if it was "after hours" on the ground floor or Somthing crazy like the upstairs confrence rooms.

Post in here if you are intrested in helping to run/play somthing like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally West
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Zug Zug
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT (Posts Deleted)

I just noticed the civilization mega game- I would rather not undermine their effort - sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwight Stone
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played one of these (Watch the Skies in San Pedro, CA) it is a big undertaking for those organizing and those playing. While I would totally be down to try another one(at the con or otherwise) I think it's too much to ask someone to do during another event like this. I think they are best dedicated to their own event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the civ mega game is just a boardgame it isn't a megagame btw, you aren't undercutting anything lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not aware of what a megagame is. Is it similar to an ARG? Is it a type of metagame or an active game? My google-fu didn't reveal awesomeness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Krumick
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
UNLV
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:
I'm not aware of what a megagame is. Is it similar to an ARG? Is it a type of metagame or an active game? My google-fu didn't reveal awesomeness.

You and me both. I suspect a large majority of people reading this have no idea what the OP is talking about. Maybe if the OP included some sort of description defining what "MegaGame" is for those of us that are not aware, it might drum up more interest. Like a previous poster I assumed it was in regards to MegaCiv or some other game that supported a larger than normal number of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's like a 40 person rpg/boardgame thing.

Watch the skies basically has people playing countries, and news casters, and scientists, and tons of other rolls as aliens invade and you all have to work together to deal with it ala xcom.

So think of it like a 40 player xcom with another 5-10 people playing as the gm.

here is the shut up and sit down thread the OP originally referred to before he deleted his topic post.

https://www.shutupandsitdown.com/videos/susd-play-megagame/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schock
United States
White Hall
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd totally be interested in helping run one. I've never done it, but it looks so cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amo .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a list on reddit about upcoming mega games

https://www.reddit.com/r/mega_game/comments/3cwe0f/watch_the...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Krumick
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
UNLV
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information. Looks like fun. How long does a MegaGame typically last?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Freitas
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it's a full day activity usually. Games are usually 9:30-5 ish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.