43 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle» Forums » General

Subject: Stupefy Card MIssing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Martin
msg tools
I notice that the game board diagram in the Game 6 rules pamphlet has the "STUPEFY!" spell in the Hogwarts card buy area. I don't think I had any copies of this spell included in my decks... does anyone have this card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gina Laurie
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have it either. I counted my cards carefully when my game first came in, so I know that I have the correct amount. Your eyes are good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
My princess is not in another castle.
mb
Great catch!

My set doesn't have that spell either. I don't think it was one of the promo's so it must have been changed before final production.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't a card with this name in my component list either. In another thread, USAopoly mentioned there was a year five card that was accidentally replaced with Confundus. I'm wondering if that is our "missing" spell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No stupefy card?!? What is a Harry Potter game without stupefy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moo Cow
msg tools
Dnasearchr wrote:
No stupefy card?!? What is a Harry Potter game without stupefy?

Exactly. I'm curious to hear what a developer has to say about this. It would if they would print and send out the missing card(s), if they were accidentally removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I contacted USAopoly customer service about it, just to see what I could find out. I might get a response and if I do I'll post it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Martin
msg tools
I just heard back from a representative, said they are going to mail the missing cards to me shortly. Bonus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we all need to email them for this card ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Lanky19 wrote:
I just heard back from a representative, said they are going to mail the missing cards to me shortly. Bonus!

Same here. And yes, there should be two of them.

The very nice and helpful customer service rep will now send out a request to send me (and you) our cards. Two things can happen at this point:

1. The person who sends out replacement parts reaches into their giant bag of Stupefy! cards and send us two each. From my experience with other companies this will be done quickly and efficiently.

or

2. The person who sends out replacement parts sends a reply back to our customer service rep and tells them that there isn't any such card. Very nice customer service rep will contact their boss who will contact a bunch of other people just to finally find out that the Stupefy! cards were never printed and everyone got the extra Confundus cards instead. This could take weeks or even months before it's resolved. At best we'll get a heartfelt apology.

Here's hoping for #1!!!

But if it is #1, then everyone will need to email them for the cards because I don't think anyone got them.

Edited to add that I finished playing through game 7 and never had any problems so it's not like the card is really necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moo Cow
msg tools
Edit: I heard back today and they said they shipped me the cards. I'd suggest people look ahead and see if they have or do not have this card and send them a note.

This also brings me to ask, then - are the Confundus both error cards? The count of the cards was correct, but it sounds like 2 Stupify cards should be on the list. Does this mean I should take the Confundus cards out? Are they intended for another chapter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Benson
Japan
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to this thread (and OP's eagle eyes! I had to use a magnifying glass to see the tiny card layout) I found out my game was also missing these cards, so I filled out the contact from on USAopoloy's web page. A nice reply arrived the next day saying they will send me the two missing Stupefy cards.

I asked if they had a complete card list for each game box, but I did not get an answer to that. Hopefully there are no other missing cards because I guess it was just fortuitous chance that this card happened to appear in the rules image.

The representative noted, "The Stupefy cards appear for the first time in Game 5. If you keep the two Confundus! cards in Game 5, it won’t affect the balance of the game and you can keep playing."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moo Cow
msg tools
gnbenson wrote:
The representative noted, "The Stupefy cards appear for the first time in Game 5. If you keep the two Confundus! cards in Game 5, it won’t affect the balance of the game and you can keep playing."

I'm a tad confused here - so are they missing from game 5 or 6? I assume there's a type somewhere in your post, as the game shows Confundus in the Game 5 rules, and Stupify in the Game 6 rules. I looked and I have Confundus x 2 in each, instead of Stupify; and I'm guessing we're to put them in Game 6, not Game 5 (as you stated).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Benson
Japan
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moo Cow wrote:
gnbenson wrote:

I'm a tad confused here - so are they missing from game 5 or 6? I assume there's a type somewhere in your post, as the game shows Confundus in the Game 5 rules, and Stupify in the Game 6 rules. I looked and I have Confundus x 2 in each, instead of Stupify; and I'm guessing we're to put them in Game 6, not Game 5 (as you stated).

There is no typo. The quote is copy-pasted from the USAopoloy e-mail. The missing card was noticed in the Game 6 rules, but the diagram there is not a complete component list. It's just an example card layout. The diagram also shows "O.W.L.S" from Game 5 and "Fawkes" from Game 2, and is not showing other new cards from Game 6.

I'm just trusting the representative is giving accurate information that the two Stupefy cards should have been in Game 5 instead of the two Confundus cards. It's possible the representative is mistaken of course, but the information is consistent with the "Game 6" label appearing on the Confundus cards in the Game 5 box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Stupidy was suppose to be in game 5 box instead of 2 game 6 confundus cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moo Cow
msg tools
gnbenson wrote:
Moo Cow wrote:
gnbenson wrote:

There is no typo. The quote is copy-pasted from the USAopoloy e-mail. The missing card was noticed in the Game 6 rules, but the diagram there is not a complete component list. It's just an example card layout. The diagram also shows "O.W.L.S" from Game 5 and "Fawkes" from Game 2, and is not showing other new cards from Game 6.

I'm just trusting the representative is giving accurate information that the two Stupefy cards should have been in Game 5 instead of the two Confundus cards. It's possible the representative is mistaken of course, but the information is consistent with the "Game 6" label appearing on the Confundus cards in the Game 5 box.

I see now that a David Jones replied earlier saying he heard in another post it was a game 5 missing card as well. I missed that.

I guess it seemed odd to me that they would spoil future cards in the instructions (instead of sticking to cards that have been revealed). I also figured if it was from Game 5, customer service would ask me to look in Game 5 before sending me replacement cards. I guess they already know it got misprinted, though, so they're just sending them out if anyone asks.

I'm glad I posted, though - because I would have put it in Game 6 for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Benson
Japan
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moo Cow wrote:
I guess it seemed odd to me that they would spoil future cards in the instructions (instead of sticking to cards that have been revealed).

It wasn't spoiled. The existence of a "Stupefy" card was noticed in the Game 6 instructions, not the main instruction book.

By the way, if you are concerned about spoilers, don't look at the back of the box because one of the to-be-opened components is shown there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moo Cow
msg tools
gnbenson wrote:
Moo Cow wrote:
I guess it seemed odd to me that they would spoil future cards in the instructions (instead of sticking to cards that have been revealed).

It wasn't spoiled. The existence of a "Stupefy" card was noticed in the Game 6 instructions, not the main instruction book.

By the way, if you are concerned about spoilers, don't look at the back of the box because one of the to-be-opened components is shown there.

Confundus was spoiled... not that it's a big deal - it's just what I was using as my basis for where stupidly should be. I was surprised they'd show a card before actually giving the card.

I haven't looked at the back for that very reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Benson
Japan
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moo Cow wrote:
Confundus was spoiled...

Ah! Now I get what you mean.

You really do have to squint to make out the card though on the little rules pamphlet. I wasn't joking about using a magnifying glass. A spoiler for those with 20/20 vision.

I can understand how workers packing the game might have made the mistake because the Stupefy and Confundus "wand motion arrow" icons are mirror images so probably easily confused at a glance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moo Cow wrote:
gnbenson wrote:
Moo Cow wrote:

Confundus was spoiled... not that it's a big deal - it's just what I was using as my basis for where stupidly should be. I was surprised they'd show a card before actually giving the card.

I haven't looked at the back for that very reason.

How was confundus spoiled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wolf
United States
Carlsbad
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lanky19 wrote:
I notice that the game board diagram in the Game 6 rules pamphlet has the "STUPEFY!" spell in the Hogwarts card buy area. I don't think I had any copies of this spell included in my decks... does anyone have this card?

There was a production error that resulted in the wrong card (Confundus!) being slotted into Game 5 in place of Stupefy! We are aware of the issue and are working to address it in future print runs. We have produced replacement Stupefy! cards for existing games, and you can contact USAopoly customer service to get replacement cards:

usaopoly.com/game-care-customer-service-inquiry

Andrew Wolf
Game Designer - USAopoly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Emmett
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
Win it or bin it
badge
Win it or bin it
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my missing Hermione Granger divider from USAopoly (thanks!), so I was reluctant to bug them again (I waited until we played through Game 7 before taking an inventory, and then saw this thread after) but then I saw that Stupefy is basically Expecto Patronum + Incidio, so I needs that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Mathias
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'm glad that I read this. I just finished taking inventory on my entire box set and found that I was also missing "Stupify!" and had two extra copies of "Confundus!".

I just finished my request to USAopoly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Mathias
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
nethershadow wrote:
There was a production error that resulted in the wrong card (Confundus!) being slotted into Game 5 in place of Stupefy! We are aware of the issue and are working to address it in future print runs. We have produced replacement Stupefy! cards for existing games, and you can contact USAopoly customer service to get replacement cards:

usaopoly.com/game-care-customer-service-inquiry

Andrew Wolf
Game Designer - USAopoly

androidodnetnin wrote:
I'm glad that I read this. I just finished taking inventory on my entire box set and found that I was also missing "Stupify!" and had two extra copies of "Confundus!".

I just finished my request to USAopoly.

Just a quick question on the timing of things. Obviously, it would take time to ship, but how long does it take for Customer Service to respond to a submitted request? Like, I got the confirmation email that my form submission was successful; I was just wondering how long it took for people to get a reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was within 2 business days
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.