Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the game is not even out yet, but why shouldn't we have some fun conversation about it?

I watched all the videos and play throughs, read the reviews, and listened to interviews and podcasts. I read the tutorial rulebook, and the reference book.
A lot of people might have too. (The hype is unbelievable )

So i think we already know a lot about this game, even without having actually played this. I thought a few times about possible expansion content, and somebody has to do the first step. ^^

Also the guys from Riot games said in an interview, that they WANT to hear from the players, what we want as future content.

So what would you like to see more of?
What new stuff would you like to add to the game?
What ideas for scenarios came to your mind?
What aspects of the game need fixing in your opinion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Franke
Germany
Wildeshausen
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be cool to get some missions to play after the campaign is finished. Should be pretty easy to do.

Some kind of ruleset to quickly build randomized missions could be cool too.

Obviously new mechs should be okay also :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course I want to have a player vs player mode.
Maybe a team variant (2vs2), or in case of three Players, two players play the normal mechs, and the player who is alone uses the Boss Mech.

They could also just make this a mission for a new campaign, which is the second thing I'd like to see. Of course we will see a lot of custom missions here on BGG which I'm looking forward too.

New map tiles with new terrain types would bring more variation into the game.

A new boss would be cool, and maybe a different kind of minions. Maybe minions armed with ranged weapons, that hit the player characters 2 or three spaces away. It just shouldn't make them a lot more complicated. I don't want to keep track of lifepoints for minions for example.

They could make an expansion, or (even better) a standalone expansion.
A completely new deck of command cards, that could also be mixed with the old one would be awesome.

The one thing that I think they could have made better is the player boards. They should have made four generic (not character specific) player boards, and make a "overdrive card" for each mech, instead of printing the ability on the board. That way the could introduce new characters easier, because they wouldn't need to make a new board for every character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one flexible system!

I just realized on the audio fluff thread, that you could steal an idea from Space Alert and have a scenario with an audio track! Players are shown what board to use and get no other information when the audio track starts. Fun for the whole family!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I want:
- Player vs Player mode
- new missions
- new yordle (that's what the characters are called, right?)

If somehow Riot is not interested in making physical expansion, it would be cool if Riot can release scenario app, I'd love to pay for that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert V Tobal
Spain
Villaviciosa de Odon
Madrid
flag msg tools
- More mechs
- new cards and abilities
- new minion types: Canon and caster minions?
- competitive mode
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Fang
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Perhaps they will come out with a viking Lovecraftian pirate zombie pandemic trading-in-the-mediterranean farming expansion with optional 12 hour space opera rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xabier P
Spain
Donostia
Gipuzkoa
flag msg tools
In a realm beyond sight, the sky shines gold, not blue
badge
There, the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true
mbmbmbmbmb
Silver Fang wrote:
Perhaps they will come out with a viking Lovecraftian pirate zombie pandemic trading-in-the-mediterranean farming expansion with optional 12 hour space opera rules.

All aboard the hype train!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New card types (thinking 2 at a time so they could introduce a third alternate ability). Maybe one type that does nothing but allow you to fire at range, making sniping viable.

A wild card type that does nothing on its own but allows you to play it UNDER any card already in your row, strengthening its level by 1.

A card type that just extends range of other weapons.

Something that duplicates the previous slot, effectively allowing you to double your power very easily, should probably be a rarer card than most.

I second the motion for some sort of app or repository of scenarios.

More map tiles.

You could definitely get into more characters and enemies, though all of the above things are just cards and chipboard which should be relatively cheap to produce and / or sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I love the idea of expansions for this game, it certainly is a flexible system.

I know Chris has said they aren't thinking about that yet, but hopefully the success of this game has opened Riot's eyes.

One thing they will learn about the board game community is we LOVE expansions!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
Why an expansion? The game looks awesome as is and everything fits so well in the box. Anything more than a new printable scenario rules seems unnecessary.

Well, I guess I'd be OK with an app driven scenario. That or a completely new game would also be good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lankyb wrote:
Why an expansion? The game looks awesome as is and everything fits so well in the box. Anything more than a new printable scenario rules seems unnecessary.

Well, I guess I'd be OK with an app driven scenario. That or a completely new game would also be good.

Nah, more everything is always good. Certainly more tiles since there's only 5, but more characters, minions types, boses, cards, ect. Can't go wrong, this game screams "more stuff", to me anyway

No one's saying the game isn't awesome just because you want an expansion, quite the contrary actually, it means the game IS awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
If they put out 10 different single or double mech packs right now, with only upgrade cards, it'd sell out instantly.

More mechs first, missions for future stuff sure but we need more mechs on the way soon. Nothing kills a game's momentum like waiting 6-8 months for an expansion, and if all that was expanded in 6-8 months were new mechs and no new mission content, it'd dud out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- more characters/mechs
- more missions
- more command cards
- new card types
- hybrid command cards (belonging to two different types, i.e. computery/fire, which can be in a stack of either)
- character skill cards (abilities your characters can gain, which are not programmed in, but have a permanent effect), maybe through achievements (like "first time you kill 5 minions in one turn", "first time you have all 6 slots filled with non-damage cards", "first time you have a stack of 3 non-damage cards in one slot", etc), those could be stuff like "before executing the programmed cards, you can rearrange one stack of cards in one slot", or "before executing the programmed cards, you can swap all cards between two slots; leave stacks as they are", or "ignore the first point of damage each turn", or stuff like that.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well besides new Mechs, new cards and new tiles I need one very important thing:

Rules for 5 and more players!

... and obviously a new campaign for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Goncalves
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm expecting free printable missions! Made by the designers and by players themselves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's been mentioned elsewhere, but some sort of mission editor where missions can be created, uploaded, and voted on, would be really sweet. Definitely a bit of an undertaking, but I'm sure Riot can find a few software developers up to the task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools

definitely more tiles,

I was going to try to write some 2v2 (+minions on both sides) rules for football (soccer), bomb as the ball and crystal shards as goal posts with a 2x3 tiles layout.

But the game only comes with 5 tiles, so you can't make a 2x3 board and a 2x2 square board seems odd shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Frozen Flesh wrote:

Also the guys from Riot games said in an interview, that they WANT to hear from the players, what we want as future content.

can you provide the source for that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.