Subject: Rules clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evgeni Marinov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, guys, I need a few clarifications:

1) The rules state that after drawing a Special Operations Token, the player can activate its ability "on a future turn" (p. 4) - is this actually a restriction? It can be important when drawing a "Move x3" token, for instance - you might want to use the token immediately to collect intel cubes before someone else can snatch them.
I don't see how such a rule can be enforced, since what tokens the player has is kept secret?

2) The section on Mission Cards (p. 6) doesn't say whether you replace a face-up Mission Card after it is drawn - I'm guessing that you do, as with the Agency Cards (immediately after the action)?

3) I just want to make sure I'm interpreting the rules on the "First" Special Ability correctly (p. 9) - say player A announces they will use the ability and that player A is going earlier in turn order than player B, who also has the token (or card with the ability) - player B can safely announce they also wish to use the ability, since they will have the chance to see how the board changes after player A's action and then decide whether to actually spend their token (or card). Am I right that player B has nothing to lose in that situation, and should announce they have the chance to play the ability?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Jello
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question about mission cards. I couldn't find anything else about refilling them so assumed you refill right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

Sorry for the delay in answering on this one.

1) The intent is that Special Operations Tokens and Cards can be activated on future turns, not right away when you draw them. This was just to prevent a player from drawing 3 cards, taking a card with the draw 3 ability, activating it right away, and doing that over and over, burning through the cards and taking an overly long turn. It's usually not an issue, but I've seen it happen, so that's why that rule was added. As always, if you think it's more fun the other way and don't have an issue with that, feel free to play that they can be used right away. But the official rule is that they are used on future turns.

2) Yes, Mission Cards and Agency Cards are both refilled immediately when a card is taken.

3) Player B can choose whether or not to use his token after player A completes their action. No need to announce it earlier than that. Does that answer your question?

Hope that helps!

-Kane
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Marinov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, all is clear now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.