Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg White
New Zealand
Upper Hutt, Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a consensus about what happens in the following situation.

A named uniqued Necromancer is defeated/killed then later you draw their card again.

We considered the necromancer to be dead and treated their card to be a vanilla necromancer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Griner
United States
Byron
Georgia
flag msg tools
Black Lantern Leslie Nielsen is going to tear out your heart for Necron!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The general consensus is that Necromancers never stayed dead, especially the Unique ones.

Unless a mission's rules say otherwise, when a Unique Necro is killed and their Necro Spawn card is drawn, that Unique Necro is brought back into play; No substitutions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg White
New Zealand
Upper Hutt, Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the reply.

We always bring back vanilla necromancers, but the unique ones we kept dead.

I guess I was informing my choice because Evil Troy has the special ability to come back from the dead (i.e. returned to his spawn point) unless burned or weapon strength 3 was used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Clansman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
If you're going to put six necromancer cards in a deck, it would seem a bit odd to put (e.g.) 3 x standard Necros + 3 x Special Necromancers, but decide that you're only going to bring out the Special Necromancer the first time he appears. If that's what you want, why not simply put 5 standard cards and 1 special card in the deck?

I'm currently playing a game where we have one card for each of the special necromancers plus two standards (because KS came with an extra standard). If the necromancer gets killed, they are removed from the board along with their spawn zone (which is where it's different from Evil Troy who goes back to his starting zone). However, when the zombie deck gets exhausted, it gets shuffled...and out they come again.

Iain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
They are Necromancers. I feel like they should come back to life when their card is drawn again. The expansions that come with them give more than one card. This says to me that the designer intended for them to come back to life. If the designer had intended for them to remain out of play for the rest of the game, the rules would state it and only one card would have been supplied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Cooke
msg tools
On the same note as this, do you guys generally put the extra Necromancer cards in with the other basic ones, or do you replace the standard necro cards with the special ones? (i.e. just put the 6 evil ash or Charlize Theron cards in)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tex Hammack

Spanish Fork
Utah
msg tools
mb
Each spawn deck should have 6 Necros however you see fit.
I am currently playing with 2 spawn decks so I have a total of 12 Necros. I have 2 of each special one I own and 4 Vanilla.

Honestly though, you can tweak your deck for the experience you want.

I have made mine super difficult because the people I play with like to use some of my more powerful characters. For instance I have 16 cards that can Spawn Abominations, Deadeye Walkers, Wolvez and Crowz.

Taylor your deck how you want and things should do just fine for you and your group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.