Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I got the very first Dominion box years ago in German (at that point, only two or three expansions hat been released). Mine is almost certainly the 2009 edition that says "Was für eine Welt!" (I don't know if it has the SdJ sign as well).

I have not gotten any of the subsequent Dominion boxes (although I've entertained the thought of getting Dominion: Empires or Dominion: Prosperity), but I am interested in upgrading my box to the second edition, if this is possible.
Of course that only really makes sense if I can get the upgrade pack in German so it will fit my original box; otherwise it might be better to just buy an entirely new English version.

Does anybody know whether a German release of new cards is planned, and also whether that would be compatible with older versions of the base box?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine they will make update packs for it since Rio Grande itself is in charge of the German version and distribution of the game now. I see no reason why they wouldn't release such an expansion. And yes, the upgrade pack should be 100% compatible with your version of the game. The backs of the cards and the card sizes have not changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We will release the 2nd edition games in German - no date yet. Thanks
Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thank you very much for both answers!

Edit: Oh, just read Jay's answer again in detail -- just the 2nd edition games, or the separate upgrade packs as well?
(I probably don't want to buy the whole box again, to be honest. If that's what I would need to do, I'm fine with my first edition.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eL Boato
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also hope that there will be update packs...

While you are at it, how about producing some more of the promo cards? The English editions are/were mostly available easily, e.g. through BGG store, but the German ones seem to be very difficult to come by, even the newer ones. Any chance these will be sold in a pack as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG Geek
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi and A Happy New Year!

Anything new on the german version of the update pack?

Thanks in advance & all the best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.A.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

i'd also really like to have a german version of the upgrade pack...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Dominionaer
msg tools
April
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaq Willi
msg tools
Have there been any news concerning the release of this in Germany?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.