GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,623 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Terrain cards, final scoring, what units get eliminated, and retreat questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Derderian
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
1. Terrain cards can only be used as battle cards if used in the same terrain. You can use these terrain cards to build, recruit or make movement in any terrain, correct?

2. My son passed the final scoring VP during a turn. Do we play 1 more round and then final score or is the game over and we do final scoring? In our recent game, he also did enable scoring as an action? Do we score twice, once for his enable scoring action and once more for the final scoring?

3. There is a battle in a 2 player game with Trogs (defending) against humans (attacker). I am the pilgrim player and use a card to reinforce the battle with my Pilgrim units. Who decides what units are killed during attrition or whose units are captured?

4. Also, if you retreat from a region due to losing the battle, do you go to only 1 adjacent controlled area or can you split your retreat to 2 or more controlled areas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rderderian wrote:
1. Terrain cards can only be used as battle cards if used in the same terrain. You can use these terrain cards to build, recruit or make movement in any terrain, correct?

Yes.

rderderian wrote:
2. My son passed the final scoring VP during a turn. Do we play 1 more round and then final score or is the game over and we do final scoring? In our recent game, he also did enable scoring as an action? Do we score twice, once for his enable scoring action and once more for the final scoring?

You cannot enable scoring in the final round, as it is already enabled by the game. Use the white scoring marker included in the game to mark this.

If you pass the final event marker in a round, you do not shorten the game, you will still play a final round with the enable scoring event.

rderderian wrote:
3. There is a battle in a 2 player game with Trogs (defending) against humans (attacker). I am the pilgrim player and use a card to reinforce the battle with my Pilgrim units. Who decides what units are killed during attrition or whose units are captured?

You cannot do that.

rderderian wrote:
4. Also, if you retreat from a region due to losing the battle, do you go to only 1 adjacent controlled area or can you split your retreat to 2 or more controlled areas?

A single adjacent region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Choy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
rderderian wrote:

You cannot do that.

Just a follow up note to this: when you use a tactic card in a battle where you are acting as the Trogs, then references to adding reinforcement units refer to Trog units. In this case, you could still add reinforcements but they would be Trogs, not your Pilgrims, and they would still have to be available for placement as per the card used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
umchoyka wrote:
jmathias wrote:
rderderian wrote:

You cannot do that.

Just a follow up note to this: when you use a tactic card in a battle where you are acting as the Trogs, then references to adding reinforcement units refer to Trog units. In this case, you could still add reinforcements but they would be Trogs, not your Pilgrims, and they would still have to be available for placement as per the card used.

Ah, yes that is correct, I was misled by the wording, I assumed he was acting as a third party, not the Trog's controller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Derderian
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
rderderian wrote:

Quote:

You cannot enable scoring in the final round, as it is already enabled by the game. Use the white scoring marker included in the game to mark this.

If you pass the final event marker in a round, you do not shorten the game, you will still play a final round with the enable scoring event.

So based on your response if he passes the final scoring space...you play one more round and at the end of the turn you have a final scoring phase and no one can select enable scoring as an action on this last turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Shrike
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rderderian wrote:
rderderian wrote:

Quote:

So based on your response if he passes the final scoring space...you play one more round and at the end of the turn you have a final scoring phase and no one can select enable scoring as an action on this last turn.

Trigger event is the first thing you do in a round. If during the previous round, someone passes an event token from any kind of scoring then the passed event token is moved on top of the the next event token. When the trigger event phase happens you trigger the next event token or stack of event tokens from top to bottom that are possibly in a stack.

It doesn't matter when or if an event token is passed. The next token or stack of tokens only trigger during at the top of the round. If the next event is final scoring, you place the white scoring icon on the enable scoring place on the board to remind everyone that nobody can use the enable scoring action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rderderian wrote:
rderderian wrote:

Quote:

I am assuming that you were in a round that was not the final round of the game when your son passed the final scoring printed event on the board.

If this is true, then yes you would still play one more round, the final round and place the white scoring token in the enable scoring section of the board. During this final round no player would be able to enable scoring, as it's already enabled by the game.

If however you were already in the final round when he passed the printed event marker, then you would not play another round, as the game would be over at the end of the round you are playing, and you should have already placed the white scoring enabled marker, and no other player would have been allowed to enable scoring.

Basically you will play up to 5 rounds, with the average being 4 to 5. The game is only shortened if a player's scoring marker passes an event token, in which case that event token is moved to the next available event token stack, and in the following round that entire stack is resolved. This shortens the game by 1 round. This rule does not apply to the final printed scoring marker, as it cannot be moved, and is always the last (5th) round of the game. It is not possible to play more than 5 rounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Derderian
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
Thanks, all my posts have been answered clearly now and we will start our next game playing correctly. We actually played 4 rules wrong that did change the game dramatically. I look forward to playing it correctly now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Regan
msg tools
jmathias wrote:
umchoyka wrote:
jmathias wrote:
rderderian wrote:

You cannot do that.

Ah, yes that is correct, I was misled by the wording, I assumed he was acting as a third party, not the Trog's controller.

When acting as the Trogs in a 2 or 3 player game, do you use your tactics cards or the Trog tactics cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crashmonkey wrote:
jmathias wrote:
umchoyka wrote:
jmathias wrote:
rderderian wrote:

You cannot do that.

When acting as the Trogs in a 2 or 3 player game, do you use your tactics cards or the Trog tactics cards?

Your own. The Trog's tactics cards are not used in 2 or 3 player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Di Mauro
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Just a question about terrain cards..whe used them.. they rest in my discard pile (so i could use them again when I ll suffle my personal deck) or they Will go back to their original deck??? Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mhyk wrote:
Hi Just a question about terrain cards..whe used them.. they rest in my discard pile (so i could use them again when I ll suffle my personal deck) or they Will go back to their original deck??? Thx

They go to your personal discard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Di Mauro
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
Mhyk wrote:

They go to your personal discard.

Thank u so much man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Di Mauro
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...ah!instead when You do the draw action and u draw 2 cards from a terrain deck the other one that u discard goes back to the terrain deck or also in your personal deck?(in this case I don't think so)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mhyk wrote:
...ah!instead when You do the draw action and u draw 2 cards from a terrain deck the other one that u discard goes back to the terrain deck or also in your personal deck?(in this case I don't think so)

The Draw Two, Keep one action is drawn from any of the 5 choices of decks. Your personal deck or one of the 4 terrain decks. The card you "keep" is put into your hand, the other card is shuffled back into the deck from which it was drawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Di Mauro
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
Mhyk wrote:

The Draw Two, Keep one action is drawn from any of the 5 choices of decks. Your personal deck or one of the 4 terrain decks. The card you "keep" is put into your hand, the other card is shuffled back into the deck from which it was drawn.

Perfect! Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Di Mauro
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmm..in a 2/3 player game.. When you lose a battle With trog.. The survivor trog rest in that region adding also the nest token right? Is it not like trog retreat that you have to remove the units in every case right??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No, you remove all trog figures from a battle from the game whether or not they won or lost. If they won you put the nest on the region, if they lost you put the nest adjacent if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Di Mauro
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...so if I move inside a region with enemy unit thanks an ability card like the pigrim's one (that moves till up 3 units) and i put a battle token .. I m still able in this turn to move other my units inside it?.. If. I ve understand well that region Will be locked only at the end of current turn right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.