19 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » General

Subject: Trogs Green plastic base plate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many of the green plastic dics did you guys get in your game?

I got 16 of yellow, red, blue. Which is 4 extra than needed of each.

But of the 16 trog miniatures, it only came with 15 of the green discs. Should it have been 16 and I was shorted ONE, or should it have been 20 (4 extra) and I was shorted FIVE?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should have been 16. All factions came with 16 due to the logistics of production. But it sounds like you got shorted 1 green for the Trogs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Choy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should have been 16 of each. You're missing one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks guys. I wanted to know how many I was missing before I used their site and I wanted to have accurate information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the short term, you can use one of the other colors for the Troggs as you only need 12 for all of the other races.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gumps wrote:
In the short term, you can use one of the other colors for the Troggs as you only need 12 for all of the other races.

Not sure how often they will need all 16 units out, I just plan to use the one without the base last, don't really wanna clip a red base to him. I guess I could just paint one green

I will get by until I get a replacement, just needed to know how many I was missing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evilnox wrote:
Gumps wrote:

Not sure how often they will need all 16 units out, I just plan to use the one without the base last, don't really wanna clip a red base to him. I guess I could just paint one green

I will get by until I get a replacement, just needed to know how many I was missing

You will need all 16
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:

I was contacted after using their support page and they will send me the replacement piece

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaded Lounges
United States
Vashon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Noli me tangere, Caesaris sum.
mbmbmbmbmb
evilnox wrote:
UPDATE:

I was contacted after using their support page and they will send me the replacement piece

I have the same problem. Did you ever receive the replacement part?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Up
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
evilnox wrote:

This game comes with WHAT?! Hopefully my copy doesn't come with any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chibigouazou wrote:
evilnox wrote:
UPDATE:

I have the same problem. Did you ever receive the replacement part?

As of Sunday, October 24th. No i have not yet received my replacement DISC. I will let you know when i do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MeepleUp wrote:
evilnox wrote:

This game comes with WHAT?! Hopefully my copy doesn't come with any.

Lol. No game collection will ever be complete without st least one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my replacement piece today in the mail and I promised to inform you when it arrived.

It took.....what.... 11 days from using their support page to receiving it in the mail. Not bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaded Lounges
United States
Vashon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evilnox wrote:
I received my replacement piece today in the mail and I promised to inform you when it arrived.

It took.....what.... 11 days from using their support page to receiving it in the mail. Not bad.

Awesome! Glad to hear it. I submitted an inquiry via the website. I have not received a response. Did you get any communication from them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They sent me an email a few days later and simply asked for my shipping address and they would send me the replacement piece.

I got no further communication from them, it just arrived in the mail.

Im sure if you provided your shipping address with your support ticket your turn around will be a few days quicker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaded Lounges
United States
Vashon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think we're the only two guys who had this problem? I'm kinda surprised there isn't more traffic in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get about one every 10 or so games with missing pieces. Im sure its just random errors. Im sure we are among a small percentage with this particular game.

It happens, its only a problem if the company is unwilling to do anything to remedy the problem but i have never had that happen. These large companies want people happy and talking about their products and their company in a positive way.

Fear not. Missing pieces don't happen often and always get fixed. And its usually something unimportant like..... Game says 85 scoring tokens and you ONLY get 84 or something silly.

The missing disc did need to be replaced though as at least in my opinion an important piece.

Forgive my spelling errors, typed this off my phone and i dont use autocorrect so may find some random letters here and there....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evilnox wrote:
I get about one every 10 or so games with missing pieces. Im sure its just random errors. Im sure we are among a small percentage with this particular game.

It happens, its only a problem if the company is unwilling to do anything to remedy the problem but i have never had that happen. These large companies want people happy and talking about their products and their company in a positive way.

Fear not. Missing pieces don't happen often and always get fixed. And its usually something unimportant like..... Game says 85 scoring tokens and you ONLY get 84 or something silly.

The missing disc did need to be replaced though as at least in my opinion an important piece.

Forgive my spelling errors, typed this off my phone and i dont use autocorrect so may find some random letters here and there....

Generally speaking, 1-2% of copies are affected. Just a manufacturing error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaded Lounges
United States
Vashon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pleased to report that Portal Games expeditiously responded to my inquiry, and I received the replacement green base in the mail today. Case closed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.