cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A version of the Fear Itself squad - for those of us who don't like to play as Villains, I think the mechanics from Uru Enchanted Weapons are awesome.

Time Enchanted Weapons work exactly like Uru Enchanted Weapons - a nasty tactic where you reveal cards from the Villain deck for each weapon held by the villain, then add the ATTACK from those cards to the Villain. Often results in the Villain defeating you, after you have already committed X number of attack points.

PLEASE let me know if you have any ideas for this squad before I print. Thank you!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Time Army - plucked from the past and future
Part One:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Time Army Part Two:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Banzon
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subbed for future updates.

You may want to change the wording on some of these. Like Two-Gun Kid's for example. You can just follow The Thor Corps' format if you want.

Great graphic design by the way, one of the sleekest layouts available here in BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If it is not LegEdit I won't be able to handle it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oof! They look tough. I would probably update "Megasour" to "Megasaur". Unless it's intentional. Hard looking bunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Justin, missed that one !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I mostly like the idea. I have a few criticisms.

1) Several of the Villains are too much like the Fear Itself Adversary team the Mighty. And with them, the weird bells and whistles made sense--if you've played with Black Widow as a Hero, you know why her Adversary card gives you Bystanders. I don't know why the Villain here (was it the Robomech?) does so.

2) The art is really hit and miss. Megasaur, Axis Army and Scorpion 2099 are stunning. Whatever his name is + two guns clashes with that quite a bit. If there's better art for Two Guns, I'd use that. There probably isn't, since you would've used that, but I'm hoping you merely didn't look very hard.

3) These things are probably going to be incredibly powerful. Keep in mind that Uru Iron Man gets a bonus of +9 Attack if his cards reveal Mystique, Sabertooth and Abomination and that's a huge bonus. Kang would get +15 Attack! I have no doubt Kang should be tough, but I wonder if that's too much.

Anyway, on to plugs for you:

1) Bravo on making Kang! I know almost nothing about him, but I know he matters a great deal to the Marvel Universe. Even better, your Kang definitely captures his power base, which is mastery over time. Your concept is quite good, but I suspect it needs to be weakened. Using the VP like Uru Iron Man does make sense, much like someone has taken the "X Treme Attack" concept and slapped it on the Fantastic Four.

2) Your selection of minions for Kang seems pretty good, and you did a nice job of plucking some big things from both the past and future. From what little I know of Kang, he seems to specialize in manipulating others to temporarily working with him, but with the last three big box sets focusing on good guys as "Villains", I've had enough of that. If you want to switch one or two big characters for someone else, that's fine, but please not a whole team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.