King of Tokyo» Forums » General

Subject: Target exclusive edition question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kent Carlisle

Illinois
msg tools
mb
I'm really excited about getting this game to take along for a Father Son Camp weekend with my teenage boys.... I see that the Target exclusive version adds a Baby Gigazaur, but does it take out one of the other monsters, and if so, which one? Or, is the Baby Gigazaur a seventh monster for this addition? Thanks in advance... If it takes one out, then I will just get it from the local gaming store instead...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ReformationMan wrote:
I'm really excited about getting this game to take along for a Father Son Camp weekend with my teenage boys.... I see that the Target exclusive version adds a Baby Gigazaur, but does it take out one of the other monsters, and if so, which one? Or, is the Baby Gigazaur a seventh monster for this addition? Thanks in advance... If it takes one out, then I will just get it from the local gaming store instead...

I believe I was told that Gigazaur is taken out and replaced with the baby version.

Someone else should have more info, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. Gigazaur out baby in for target
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Carlisle

Illinois
msg tools
mb
Hey, thanks a lot for the quick answers... Looks like I'll be getting it from my local board gaming store then... Got to have the real Gigazaur

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have also removed Kraken completely from the new version of the game and replaced him with Space Penguin, and of course Cyber Bunny was replaced with Cyber Kitty, but those changes are in all of the new versions of hte game regardless of where you get it.

As the others said, the real change is baby Gigasaur replacing the normal one. They said at some point that character might be available for purchase alone (after the initial year of Target Exclusiveness, I believe), so getting the normal version is probably the best bet. You can always pick up the baby later on when he comes out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Carlisle

Illinois
msg tools
mb
Yeah, I was watching Tom Vasel's review comparing both versions,and he said there was really no functional difference, but that he did like the artwork a little better on the newer version... As great as the Kraken would be, my daughter (who is my biggest gaming buddy) loves the Cyber Kitty, so, new version it is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ReformationMan wrote:
Yeah, I was watching Tom Vasel's review comparing both versions,and he said there was really no functional difference, but that he did like the artwork a little better on the newer version... As great as the Kraken would be, my dkaughter (who is my biggest gaming buddy) loves the Cyber Kitty, so, new version it is...

The art is half the reason for the edition change. So I'd hope it's better.
The original art was more "quick and functional', new edition art is higher quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't even seen the new version at my local Target, let alone with Baby Gigazaur. I was there yesterday and saw several copies of the original. Perhaps a clearance is coming. I'd buy extra copies of the original in a heartbeat if the price went crazy low. The kids at school love this game, and my classroom copy has taken a beatin' in their hands. I think a back up copy or two on the cheap would be nice! And the original is the only avenue for acquiring Kraken & Cyber Bunny. But that's only relevant for completionists. Not many of those around here...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.