BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Games that require little to no sight? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
This is my first post and I am hoping the great people on this sight can help me. I wasn't able to find a previous post like this, but than again I am new.

I have a friend that is gone through eye surgery and has a hard time seeing. I'm trying to find games that we can play that require little to no sight.

Please list any you can think of that you enjoy.

I have...

Geek Out
Outburst

But I'm hoping for more than just trivia games.

Thanks,
Clockwork Owl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple of blind guys in one of my game groups. They will play all sorts of stuff, the latest we played was Mice and Mystics. The rest of us obviously read any cards. We describe the scene and tell of any creatures and remind the players of their options if requested.

We also played Dominion recently. If someone didn't have as great a memory, it may not work as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective is all story based ish and others can read alongside the friend

If you do want a trivia game, Wits and Wagers is raucous fun. There are some other verbal party games that work well too if you want.

Resistance, Spyfall, and some hidden traitors work welltoo.

Maybe Tales of Arabian Nights too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective & Mythos Tales all the way .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
Since there aren't very many cards, you could probably do something to mark the cards in Coup so that they can be distinguished by touch easily. Maybe get some pressed staples and tape them to the face of the cards in different patterns.

If he can see blobs, some of the abstract games might work, like Battle Sheep or Mancala. Similarly, Intrigue might work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McClure
United States
Fowler
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My best friend is blind, and we've had quite a bit of luck enjoying games.

Machi koro
Colt express, simply brailed ourselves with a slate and stylus. We just used one or two characters per card because my friend's Braille isn't great.
Bang, the dice game. Simply brailed as well
Cash and guns
Dungeonquest
Good cop bad cop, brailed professionally
Bonanza,brailed professionally
Love letter, brailed professionally
Coup, brailed professionally
Magical athlete
No Thanks
Jamaica

There is a company called 64 ounce games that makes braile conversion kits for a lot of games. You can check out their website for their products. We've had a lot of success both with professional and home brewed braile labels, but there are games that don't require any brailing whatsoever. I didn't mention a few RPGs that we've enjoyed a lot sad well. Don't underestimate what your friends will be capable of doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.