Subject: Choosing missions & associated events (?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephane Josephy
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried my first solo session of Martians tonight, and my poor energy management led me to an horrible defeat.

Anyway, a question worried me.

Are we supposed to pick missions in a determined order ?
I see numbers on each mission card (8 are numbered 0, and one of each from 1 to 5)

Do we have to start with the "0" missions ? Is it a difficulty rating ?
Also, event cards also have some small 0-to-5 numbers on the bottom right.
Is it meant to filter out events not belonging to the mission number ?

Thanks for answering this. The game seems great, but it definitely needs some comprehensive FAQ soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nounet wrote:
Tried my first solo session of Martians tonight, and my poor energy management led me to an horrible defeat.

I see numbers on each mission card (8 are numbered 0, and one of each from 1 to 5)

Thanks for answering this. The game seems great, but it definitely needs some comprehensive FAQ soon.

I don't think there is any specific order, just do the one you like.

I started with Mars One (numbered 1) first, as it seems to be the first one thematically to occur. lol I also got defeated quite badly!

My understanding is that all the events marked 0 are for all the scenarios, those marked 1 to 5 are specific to each scenario with the same number. When playing Mars One I put all the 0 events in the main event stack, then used the 1 events to draw the 4 cards needed for that particular scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Poland
Tychy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drugo81 You are right.
There's a common pool of event cards for all scenarios and addition cards for a given scenario.
Numbers don't determine order of playing scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Josephy
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys. It's clear now !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RedImp Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
nounet wrote:

Regardless of the selected scenario always use events labeled 0. Events with other numbers are assigned to particular scenarios and they should be used as following the instructions on the scenario card.

The scenario numbers do not mean the order of playing them. We recommend playing the basic scenarios first: New schedule, Dust gremlins, Botanics capsule, Force field
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redimp wrote:
We recommend playing the basic scenarios first: New schedule, Dust gremlins, Botanics capsule, Force field

BTW, I had to go to the Kickstarter page and see which scenarios where added during the campaign to find (by exclusion) the "basic ones".

Not sure, if I missed it somewhere in the rulebook or on the scenario cards, but I couldn't find a mentioning of which are the normal scenarios anywhere else.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.