Subject: Handy little card tray! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Gustafsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey everyone!

I quite recently found out about the true enjoyment of tabletop gaming, and quickly became aware that all those decks of cards were covering half of my table. So I came up with a quick and easy solution.

I'll be the first to admit, it does look rather crude, but it serves its purpose, and was real easy to make!

Using thick cardboard pieces (about 2 mm), the base is 30 cm x 25 cm. Not sure of the exact measurements in inches, but you'll figure it out, I'm sure. The side pieces are 30.4 cm long, so as to accomodate for the thickness of the front and back pieces which are 25 cm long, just like the width of the base. I then simply glued these on the outside of the base piece, so a box took shape. The "trays" are just a bunch of 25 cm pieces (same as the back and front) which I glued in place 3 cm apart. And all of these are 4.5 cm in height. Did miss to take into account the thickness of the base though, that's why they're so awkwardly jutting up..

In the end this makes a box with ten neat little trays, and in the pictures I have left every other tray empty so it can be used as "discard trays".

Please tell me what you think, and thank you for looking! I look forward to hanging out here a lot more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG! Nice tray idea. This is one of those pesky issues that can use a good solution. Of course, it is often game dependent. This can even be used for the game storage for easier set up. I am looking at something similar for one of my games, but have not finished the design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gustafsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks! Yeah, you're right. I just made this as big as practically possible. I mainly play SoB right now, and there were even a few decks that didn't fit here. Not used during play, but still. Once I get something else I'll have to make another one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nice work! It's a great way of saving table space for Arkham Horror, etc. I use business card holders but some decks are too thick for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.