Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not thought about it very seriously, but I would say that for example the U has an advantage, since you can play it against a border one row away:
xOOOx
xO*Ox
xxxxx
-----

and place at least one deposit (*) that no one else can collect. Or the W against the corner, it could grant two of them:
|OOxx
|*OOx
|*xOx
|xxxx
+----

Am I right? Are those two pieces better?

Well, I said I had not thought about it seriously! In fact another player can place a piece that does not collect the deposits but that blocks them for the one who placed them...

Anyway, maybe a Monte-Carlo test could rank them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I've done my best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I care more about fun than balance, and after more plays it looks like the best fight is U vs W. But it's a matter of taste
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw your picture, with the L opening:

I had not thought about it in my examples above... Is L the only shape able to secure the first 2 rocks?

I don't care about strict balance either, but since I ordered the 4 shapes I would like to know which ones should be left for new players!
meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
franchi wrote:
I saw your picture, with the L opening:

I had not thought about it in my examples above... Is L the only shape able to secure the first 2 rocks?

I don't care about strict balance either, but since I ordered the 4 shapes I would like to know which ones should be left for new players!
meeple

The L shape is the easiest for new players if you're not too evil with them (as there are some defensive strategies against it).

I must also say that we placed the stones randomly for this game, instead of agreeing on the placements (recommended).

Edit: And the hardest to play is probably T. More useful during the mid-end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.