Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Corradetti
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I didn't order the wave 1 shipment 1 because the shipping and duty was higher than expected. Just ordered wave 1 shipment 2 and was surprised with lower tax and duty amount. Hence the order. I am guessing this may have something to do with the glitches their servers have had?? I am just curious if this is happening to others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MIKELIZELLA wrote:
I didn't order the wave 1 shipment 1 because the shipping and duty was higher than expected. Just ordered wave 1 shipment 2 and was surprised with lower tax and duty amount. Hence the order. I am guessing this may have something to do with the glitches their servers have had?? I am just curious if this is happening to others.

Yeah, it happened to a lot of our Canadian players. We're aware and working on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
check out this thread: CANADIANS - how much tax did you pay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BBY Joe
Canada
flag msg tools
I'm fortunate enough to live right by Pt.Roberts, a tiny little U.S. enclave in Greater Vancouver. I had my box shipped there for $5. If you happen to live near the border I'd highly recommend this. You will save on shipping, will likely get it faster (it won't sit in Canadian customs), avoid duty altogether*, and return with a tank of cheap US gas.

*technically they can charge you duty but I guarantee the border crossings won't bother for such a small amount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Mason
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hobychou wrote:
I'm fortunate enough to live right by Pt.Roberts, a tiny little U.S. enclave in Greater Vancouver. I had my box shipped there for $5. If you happen to live near the border I'd highly recommend this. You will save on shipping, will likely get it faster (it won't sit in Canadian customs), avoid duty altogether*, and return with a tank of cheap US gas.

*technically they can charge you duty but I guarantee the border crossings won't bother for such a small amount.

Doesn't everyone in Canada live near the US border?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BBY Joe
Canada
flag msg tools
Yup, only so we can sell booze to 19 year old US college students.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.