3 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Small Setup Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
SirMaoh S.
msg tools
Hello everyone

Finally I got my copy of the game at Essen this year. Our first gaming rounds have been pretty fun and I can't wait to do more

For our next game we agreed to add the extra cards and try out the "Corporate Era" variant. I'm a bit confused about the setup though. The rule book says:

"Players start with no extra production of resources."

I'm reading this as "every resource production is set to 0", is this correct? Do players which choose the beginner corp. also set all of their production to 0?

Bonus question: If a card has a plant or power tag, can you pay the cost with plants/power 1:1?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirMaoh wrote:
"Players start with no extra production of resources."

I'm reading this as "every resource production is set to 0", is this correct? Do players which choose the beginner corp. also set all of their production to 0?

Both correct, yes. (But if the corporation card gives you additional production of something, like Thorgate's +1 energy production, that obviously still applies.)

The only difference between beginner and regular corps is that beginner gets to keep all 10 starting cards for free (and doesn't have any "special ability" beyond that).

Quote:
Bonus question: If a card has a plant or power tag, can you pay the cost with plants/power 1:1?

No on that one. Only steel and titanium can be used to pay for building or space cards, respectively. (That's why only those have a M€ value printed on their resource boxes on the player boards.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SirMaoh S.
msg tools
I'm glad I got that right, thank you very much for that clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.