Subject: Need 2 Guitar amps (borrow/rent?) for shows in Rome Italy!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M Miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone - this is gonna sound like an odd request...

My pal and I are going to be playing a show in Rome Italy and am looking for any fellow Italian geek rockers (or other friendly europeans) who could help us out!

Here's info about the show:

Glenn Branca's Hallucination City: Symphony for 100 Guitars
http://www.auditorium.com/eventi/4885483

The show is June 30th, 2007 - with 2 rehearsals on the 28th and 29th.

transporting guitar amps is a huge pain - especially from Los Angeles, CA.

Looking for mid size combo's - I can give more info at later date.

If not borrow - anyone know a place where I could rent an amp for 3 days? I need it for 2 full days of rehearsals and then the big show.

Willing to do Favors! might be able to get free tix for shows or fulfill other duties in exchange

If you have a chance to see this I recommend it - it's really cool - but bring earplugs - the last time i played this the audience measured 97db's

1 drummer, 20 bassists and about 80 guitarists for 1:15 hours of sheer sonic bliss

Thanks in advance!

Fuzz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Re: Need 2 Guitar amps (borrow/rent?) for shows in Rome Ital
28th of june is a great day

Well Im sorry I cant help you out, but I just wanted to wish you luck for finding the equipment and the show.

What sort of style will the music be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks James appreciate it!

I'd say it's considered experimental orchestral music - however my amp was turned up to 5 - so it's def got that loud rock n roll vibe

see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Branca

the piece itself is interesting in that all the harmonics clash into one another causing the listener to hear things that aren't really there - from where i sat and played I swear I could hear vocals and trumpets during certain parts.

the guitars are all tuned differently - I was in the alto section which required my guitar to be tuned all with "E" strings - three "d" gauge strings strung 6-5-4 and tuned an octave higher than a standard "low E" string + three standard guage "high E" strings for 3-2-1

Other members were tuned to G, B, and i believe another set of notes.

I'd encourage anyone that can read music and can play to do it. It's a great experience.

Fuzz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... that's cool. Have you been part of this before? Will there be any more US dates?

No Wave... one of my favorite movements in the history of music.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Miller
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about more US dates... I'm sure it will happen again

I played Disney hall in Los Angeles (hometown) in early 2006 and this past october i did Belgium:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xdLhRB4dJJI - rehearsal video, which reminds me i need to post my vid of the actual show in ghent

What a great place! everyone was soooo nice. I could totally live in ghent and drink dubbels allllll day long

a show in london might happen in october - and ya know - that's when airfare is cheap

by the way - whenever i hear the flaming lips "take me to mars" i think of Tago Mago

take care,

Fuzz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.