Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So I know that the game is supposed to be really generous and forgiving when it comes to timing, I would just like a few clarifications on two specific scenarios that both have to do with gaining info from secrets.

1) If I move through at tunnel with a monster to reveal a secret that gives me a sword, can I use that sword to cancel the monster damage or do I have to have spent the sword at the moment I moved through the tunnel? If yes, can I still do it if the monster tunnel wasn't the most recent tunnel (still same turn of course)?

2) If I reveal a secret that has me draw three cards when I'm at the end of my deck, can I quickly buy something before I reshuffle? Can I completely or partially decline the card draws?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Clautice
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Although you can do things in pretty much any order, you do have to pay the costs for those actions as you do them - including taking damage for any monsters you run past. If you later pick up a potion, it can't retroactively help you fight through the tunnel you just came through.

2) The description of the draw-three-cards secret on the back page of the rules says "Immediately," so there is no chance to buy cards before drawing - and you must draw all three cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.