Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Roos
United States
Guilderland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blaenau Ffestiniog: When starting from Porthmadog Harbour, do you still excavate sites on station cards from left to right, top to bottom? Do you instead go right to left?

Blaenau Ffestiniog: Can you excavate on a station card without your surveyor having reached the station? I know you cannot build and I didn't notice a rule saying you cannot excavate but I wasn't certain.

Blaenau Ffestiniog (Other scenarios possibly): Can you lay track on a track card (that has no rubble) even if there is rubble on a station card before the track card? This can happen if someone going in the opposite direction clears the rubble off the track card, but you have not cleared the rubble off the station on your side yet.

Jungfraubahn: When resolving a snow event if the furthest non excavated site or track card is missing rubble cubes do you refill it? If yes does that count towards the number of spots to refill?
When resolving a snow event, when you "skip" an owned excavation site or completed track card do those count towards the number of cards to place snow on? Or are they truly just skipped over?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thereelaristotle wrote:
Blaenau Ffestiniog: When starting from Porthmadog Harbour, do you still excavate sites on station cards from left to right, top to bottom? Do you instead go right to left?

You excavate cards from where your surveyor started, so when your surveyor starts at Porthmadog, you excavate from right to left.

Quote:
Blaenau Ffestiniog: Can you excavate on a station card without your surveyor having reached the station? I know you cannot build and I didn't notice a rule saying you cannot excavate but I wasn't certain.

I believe you can excavate on a station card when your surveyor is not there yet. I think the restriction only goes for building (not quite sure on this one).

Quote:
Blaenau Ffestiniog (Other scenarios possibly): Can you lay track on a track card (that has no rubble) even if there is rubble on a station card before the track card? This can happen if someone going in the opposite direction clears the rubble off the track card, but you have not cleared the rubble off the station on your side yet.

Good question. The rules for basic Snowdonia say that you can lay track on a fully-excavated track card, so playing strictly by the rules you could do it in this case. But the difference with normal Snowdonia is of course that something like you describe can occur, and this is not covered in the rules. I'm leaning towards saying that you can, because in my view that would be very much in the spirit of the game, and make for an interesting thing to watch out for as you're playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.