Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hecker
Australia
Kallista, jewel of the Dandenongs
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After too many games of UCK, I'm surprised this case came up, so with cap in hand I come for clarification:

When a 2/3* general - Leven in this case - moves to an equally rubbish 2/3* general - Newcastle - is there a DRM for evasion?

The defining rules have that evasion (equally, interception) is a test of strategy ratings. The strategy ratings give these generals are considered a 2 for activation and 3 for other purposes.

For the inactive been-done-unto general Newcastle, the test requires the 3 rating.

For the active general Leven, there is an argument that they are activated (therefore use the 2) or the test above is a test of evasion vs evasion (therefore use the 3).

I suspect the answer is the test is attribute-vs-attribute, a poor general will but weakly anticipate an opponent, but confirmation appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that they should both be "3" for purposes of evasion.

But wait for some further players to chime in. I am usually wrong when I try to answer a question. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
My understanding is that they should both be "3" for purposes of evasion.

But wait for some further players to chime in. I am usually wrong when I try to answer a question. :-)

Sorry, but you are correct.

2 ops to activate for movement/assault etc
Value of 3 when determining the evasion chance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.