$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

San Juan» Forums » General

Subject: PIcked up a used copy in near mint condition for $9.99 plus $5 shipping :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer Gwinn

Oklahoma
msg tools
1st edition.

Needless to say I am extremely happy.

I play San Juan on the iPad all the time -- and this was my first exposure to the game. So I am used to the artwork of the 1st edition. I really like the artwork of the first edition.

I am aware of the change to Guild Hall and Gold Mine in the 2nd edition, and I can just make 4 little reference cards to hand out to each player, with the changes. So that way when they get either of the cards, they'll know to read the updated rules for the card on the ref card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
A sweet deal indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Gwinn

Oklahoma
msg tools
Thanks, I was really concerned just before I opened the package, because the ebay seller packaged it in a bag! As I pulled it out my eyes were on the corners and sides looking for wrinkles where it got smashed, but surprisingly it had non at all and was perfect--whew!

One thing that was interesting, the coffee cards are more of a gray, on the iPad, they look more green--anyone else notice this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamegeekess wrote:
I am aware of the change to Guild Hall and Gold Mine in the 2nd edition, and I can just make 4 little reference cards to hand out to each player, with the changes. So that way when they get either of the cards, they'll know to read the updated rules for the card on the ref card.

The prefecture has also had it's cost changed to 4, instead of 3.

But I really can't understand why you want to change those cards. I've played 350+ games of 1st edition San Juan, and we have never seen the need to change those cards.

Just play the game as designer and there won't be no need for reference cards, that most player will forget about when playing, and not realise until it's to late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Gwinn

Oklahoma
msg tools
Yeah as I think about it more, I'll just play it as is.. like it is on the iPad. I've only ever played it on the iPad. Used to those rules. And prefecture costing 4.. wow that stinks.. love that card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.