Alexandru Marian
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys just wanted to ask if you could check this:

I was just having a look through the components making sure that we are not missing any disease cubes (we dropped a few on the floor when putting stuff back after our last game) and I noticed our copy has an extra black disease cube.

Does anyone else have an extra black (or any other colour) cube?

According to the rules, we are supposed to have 24 cubes of each colour but in our box there are 25 black cubes.

Luckily this hasn't affected our games so far (only played January and February) as we never ran that low on cubes but still. shake

I guess I should take the extra one out. Unless it's in there for a reason (no spoilers please)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is designed to have exactly 24 cubes of each color. Running out of cubes is a fail condition for the game? You should remove the extra cube. It is packaging mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Yes - you're supposed to have 24.

Now you're checking such things, it's also worth making sure you have all the right player and infection cards.

Being paranoid, I made sure of such things during an initial unboxing of my set before I gathered players for the first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandru Marian
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
Yes - you're supposed to have 24.

Now you're checking such things, it's also worth making sure you have all the right player and infection cards.

Being paranoid, I made sure of such things during an initial unboxing of my set before I gathered players for the first game.

Yes I've just checked the rest of the components, we seem to have all the cards (or at least in the numbers they should be )

Like John said, probably a packaging error. I've put the extra cube away now. Glad I noticed before it impacted our games in any way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Receiving the wrong number of cubes seems to be pretty rare, actually.

But people have noted glitches with Box 3, and there's nothing to tell you what it ought to contain, so when the time comes:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
It should contain 38.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirsten Blom
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
This is my amazing dog Moxxi. She supports us gaming by trying to steal our food :P
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not entirely sure how this is not a spoiler. I didn't know there were black cubes....Nobody that starts the game does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuess wrote:
I'm not entirely sure how this is not a spoiler. I didn't know there were black cubes....Nobody that starts the game does.

How did you not start the game with 24 each of blue, red, yellow, and black disease cubes for each disease?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll know what to do with black cube #25 when you open door #48. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.